so far this year i have read...

(30 Posts)
ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Wed 20-Feb-13 10:19:31

i have just finished The Lovely Bones and have already finished we need to talk about Kevin, the great gatsby, wuthering heights, and pride and prejudice.

last night i began my sisters keeper and also downloaded the night circus.

i am addicted to reading.

wish i could read a bit faster but the children seem to think itsy job to feed them grin

Samu2 Fri 22-Feb-13 13:14:47

I have just now started 'Learn Love in a Week' based on something I read here about it.

Samu2 Fri 22-Feb-13 13:15:45

Bloody hell! I bought it without looking at the price. £8 for the ebook. Rather a lot, but oh well, it's done now smile

BooToYouToo Fri 22-Feb-13 20:08:29

Bring up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel
Revelation by C J Sansom

Then decided to get out of Tudor England so started The Lacuna but found it too boring. Apparently the last third is better so I may return to it (had loved The Poisonwood Bible last year).

Started and dropped A Tiny Bit Marvellous by Dawn French.

Now reading Heartstone by C J Sansom so back with Henry VIII again!

popflos Sat 23-Feb-13 08:58:57

i loved night circus, another recommendation if you want to continue the circus theme is Carter Beats the Devil, again a bit different and loved it.
other books i have read this year Snow Child, and 1222 (to get snow done with once and for all.. )
cloud atlas
the girl you left behind.. jojo moyes, lovely book, toying with reading the horsey one next..
the penultimate Jack reacher book, saving the latest one for a plane ride.
several by nelson de mille, like him a lot.
and then raced thru a fist full of michael connolly, and a jo nesbo, not that fussed really

someone gave me a download of dean koontz books.. scared to embark, there are about 50, what if i like them and dont get anything else done!

no re reading the Tim Ferris bible, the 4hour work week, i want to read the 4 hour chef but thought i would get in the mood and and go back to basics first. if anyone is still toying with post xmas bulge, get the 4 hour body. amazing.

Bmatoes Sat 23-Feb-13 15:12:25

booToYou i also gave up on Dawn French I couldnt get into it atall.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now