Donna Tartt's new novel

(9 Posts)
Cherrypi Mon 18-Feb-13 16:25:27

Ooh grin loved secret history. In fact it may be time for a reread of that one. Plenty of time till October.

hackmum Thu 14-Feb-13 09:46:48

Well, that's the thing - is it going to be more like The Secret History (utterly unputdownable) or The Little Friend (very very putdownable). Am not going to buy it until I hear what the jury says.

Am more excited about the new Kate Atkinson.

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Wed 13-Feb-13 15:44:24

I loved The Secret History but never got more than a few chapters in with The Little Friend.

Looking forward to the new one.

MarilynValentine Wed 13-Feb-13 15:12:23

Oooh exciting!

The Little Friend was interesting and absorbing but ultimately disappointing, the narrative meandered and nothing felt resolved.

The Secret History was so fantastically sharp smile

DuchessofMalfi Wed 13-Feb-13 15:09:05

I loved The Secret History, and The Little Friend, so I'm stupidly excited that there's another novel coming out. Got to wait until October though sad

WhichIsBest Wed 13-Feb-13 14:15:14

I didn't hate The Little Friend. I know lots of people found it disappointing but I thought it was Okaaaay.

bigbadbarry Wed 13-Feb-13 14:10:26

Oooh! Very excited. Yet I was very excited over the last one, then terribly disappointed when I read it.

LeslieKnope Wed 13-Feb-13 14:09:56

Ooh I didn't know about this!

I'm conflicted about her given that The Secret History is one of my all time favourite books yet I immensely disliked The Little Friend.

Confusing!

DuchessofMalfi Wed 13-Feb-13 14:07:24

For all fans of Donna Tartt's novels, she's got a third novel due out, finally smile.Details here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now