Slightly Foxed..anyone susbcribe?

(11 Posts)
MiddleAgeMiddleEngland Thu 07-Feb-13 22:02:55

That's why I'm going to order a trial copy, not subscribe at £40.00 a year at the moment.

I'm fortunate enough to have a small 'budget' for books (I do realise that I'm extremely lucky) so will get it out of that.

TomArchersSausage Thu 07-Feb-13 22:00:04

Yes I'm tempted too. £10 for a book though...<wavers>

MiddleAgeMiddleEngland Thu 07-Feb-13 21:55:52

Have just had a look at the website and decided to order a trial copy smile

TomArchersSausage Thu 07-Feb-13 21:52:30

Maybe the same flyer I have. It fell out of my dad's Private Eye yesterday.

MiddleAgeMiddleEngland Thu 07-Feb-13 21:49:20

There was a flyer about it in this month's Oldie magazine, I've put it in my in-tray to think about. Looks interesting, though.

TomArchersSausage Thu 07-Feb-13 21:41:27

Hmm I am intrigued. Thanks for repliessmile I think it probably does sound like my sort of thing.

Viviennemary Thu 07-Feb-13 21:35:12

I read about it ages ago and thought I'd like it. I bought a copy from Ebay a few years ago but I didn't like it very much I'm afraid. Maybe I should have given it another try but I didn't. But plenty of people do like it. So definitely give it a try.

iheartdusty Thu 07-Feb-13 21:29:49

Every time SF arrives I feel like a box of chocolates has been delivered. The articles (essays?) are just the right length to read on the bus/in the bath etc - between 4-8 pages typically, I guess.

iheartdusty Thu 07-Feb-13 21:24:37

I have it and I adore it.

It's a quarterly collection of short pieces about books, authors, ideas. Not new publications - sometimes they are out of print, others are old favourites rediscovered. The quality of writing is very high, and the overwhelming mood is one of great affection for the writers' subjects, plus a feel of esoteric browsing. Like pottering about in a second hand book shop dipping into great books.

You can buy individual editions, try the website.

TomArchersSausage Thu 07-Feb-13 21:14:21

?

TomArchersSausage Thu 07-Feb-13 20:44:19

My dad handed me a leaflet about it, said it sounded like my 'sort of thing'grin

Anyone here get this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now