The Light Between Oceans-I weeped!

(5 Posts)
Satine5 Mon 04-Feb-13 21:37:48

My heart was breaking and it left me a sobbing mess. I didn't like Tom's character very much though, there were times when I wanted to give him a bit of a slap or a shake or something (and I don't mean it about his decision later in the book).
I will read it again too MiddleAgeMiddleEngland

sprout44 Mon 04-Feb-13 18:22:42

I just finished it too at the weekend, i was looking forward to reading it for ages and i was not disappointed at all. It was so well written and not at all contrived like tThe Menory keepers daughter. Loved it, love to discuss in a book club if i was in one.

MiddleAgeMiddleEngland Mon 04-Feb-13 17:53:47

I read the second half of the book on a long train journey so had to sniffle discreetly in public. Not the sort of thing I would normally pick up but a friend had recommended it and I really enjoyed it (despite the touching end) and will definately read it again sometime.

ninjanurse Mon 04-Feb-13 15:56:29

Oh I read this a couple of weeks ago, I blubbed big time at the end. It was really heart rending, there was never going to be a happy ending for anyone though whatever had happened sad

Satine5 Mon 04-Feb-13 15:26:04

What an amazing book, it really moved me. I can't remember last time being so touched by a book (mind you, I had a bit of a break recently, just getting into books again).
I can highly recommend, but have some tissues handy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now