Which Male Literary Character Would You Do Til Their Ears Bled?

(331 Posts)
LaQueen Sun 27-Jan-13 19:58:58

I'm reading through John Conolly's Charlie Parker series...and I have to say, I wouldn't say no...

KnockMeDown Sun 27-Jan-13 21:06:54

Henry de Tamble here, too, though he might not hang around for long enough.............

Mercutio
Mr Rochester

Wallison Sun 27-Jan-13 21:08:14

I reckon Sergeant Troy could show me a trick or two with his sword, so he'd definitely get it at least for a while. Boldwood, hmmm, maybe not so much. But Gabriel is just so lovely, without being wet, and actually comes up trumps just by being wise and good [melts]

LesBOFerables Sun 27-Jan-13 21:09:18

Ooh, I've thought of another one: Gilbert Blythe. Oh yes.

HerBigChance Sun 27-Jan-13 21:11:17

Lord Peter Wimsey

Wallison Sun 27-Jan-13 21:12:04

Gilbert, while undoubtedly lovely, has always seemed a bit faceless to me. I mean, I don't know enough about him to commit to all things carnal with him.

Velve Sun 27-Jan-13 21:13:32

LOL HoneyDragon I am so with you on both... blush

pointythings Sun 27-Jan-13 21:13:51

Oh, and Roy Grace, too. I think I have a thing about middle-aged slightly world-weary men...

Bajas Sun 27-Jan-13 21:18:42

Ooh definitely agree with Charlie Parker (and John Connolly himself- saw him at a lecture once and definitely would)

Also agree with Jon Snow and Roland of Gilead.

And would like to add Lan from Wheel of Time and Harry Bosch.

Get yer thieving hands off Roland.

Angel Clare

Wallison Sun 27-Jan-13 21:23:53

What, so that he could look at your mimsy and then faint in fright?

Nooooooooooooooooooooo not Angel Clare. Prissy, priggish, stupid git. And I saw a man in Selfridges yesterday who looked just like my imagined view of him - he had stupid hair.

sayanything Sun 27-Jan-13 21:24:45

Heathcliff. And Edward Cullen. From the sublime to the ridiculous, but there you have it.

aJumpedUpPantryBoy Sun 27-Jan-13 21:25:35

What, so that he could look at your mimsy and then faint in fright?

This just made me literally snort and splutter biscuit crumbs over my laptop - best line I have read for ages

Phineyj Sun 27-Jan-13 21:30:59

Lord Peter Wimsey AND Bunter...

Mmmmm, Harry Bosch.

When I was very, very much younger, I wanted to ride off on the back of a motorbike with John Webster (The Devil On The Road).

Wallison Sun 27-Jan-13 21:34:39

Glad it tickled you, PantryBoy.

I actually had a bit of an 'Angel Clare' moment with an old bf. We were both teenagers and he surmised I had "done this before" and went all fire and brimstone on me. Prick.

I love this thread!

Sam Vines - have thought about being married to him but never actually shagging him. Now I'm thinking about it!

Definitely Willoughby- cads for a shag, not twoo luff though, alas.

Richard Sharpe oh God yes, and Jack Aubrey AND Stephen Maturin(not at the same time) shock

I must defend my choice of Angel Clare!

In my defence judge & jury I was 15 when I first read Tess and in love with the boy next door who I couldn't even look at without blushing

He was just sooo swoonsome at the start of the book & I was totally captivated by them falling in love & I was imagining it was me & the boy next door

I know he was a bit of a let down at the end - ok a complete git but I pretended in my head that that didn't happen

I did sob & sob at the end too

LapinDeBois Sun 27-Jan-13 21:42:48

Atticus Finch (esp played by Gregory Peck).
Guy Perron from Raj Quartet (and Hari Kumar too, come to think of it).
Merton Densher from Wings of the Dove.
YY to Thomas Cromwell too.

smile It's now time to forget about Angel and the boy next door and think about a REAL man. Let me introduce you to Captain Carrot...

LittleMissFantabulous Sun 27-Jan-13 21:44:46

I'm with Velve and Honey where Harry Dresden is concerned. Yum!

Also:

Jean Claude from LKH's epic Mary Sue series Anita Blake books.
Mr Northman, of course.
Sam Vimes. And William de Worde. And possibly Preppic. I have issuesgrin
To my shame, and I ought possibly to have name hanged for this, a small part if me wouldn't object to having been the filling in a (grown up) Weasley twin sandwichblush

There are more, but I can't think straight for the tiredness and mental totty imagerygrin

LittleMissFantabulous Sun 27-Jan-13 21:46:56

My twilight shag would be Jaspergrin

cocolepew Sun 27-Jan-13 21:49:03

Myron and Win, together.
Harry Bosch
Elvis Cole and Pike, together.
John Coey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now