Which Male Literary Character Would You Do Til Their Ears Bled?

(331 Posts)
LaQueen Sun 27-Jan-13 19:58:58

I'm reading through John Conolly's Charlie Parker series...and I have to say, I wouldn't say no...

Cooroo Fri 01-Feb-13 22:43:15

Takver - how about Elric of Melnibone?

LapinDeBois Fri 01-Feb-13 23:01:32

Can't remember if I ever liked the Weasley twins in the books, because the films just totally killed off that whole avenue for me (they're just so wooden - and not in a good way wink). Based strictly on the books, my HP love interest would have to be Lupin, no question. If we're looking at the films as well, though, then I'm afraid Neville would have to get a major look-in in the last film....

Notafoodbabyanymore Sat 02-Feb-13 00:20:01

Love this thread, though it's making me feel not very well read! I'm with anyone who said Ranger over Morelli, I think because Morelli is always wanting Stephanie to change and Ranger just loves her as she is. <deep>

From Heyer, Lord Worth, Lord Damarel, Captain Staple, Mr Beaumaris, and Hugo. Probably a few others too, I love her characters. And I want to be the Grand Sophy!

Oh yes, Captain Staple. :swoon:

Notafoodbabyanymore Sat 02-Feb-13 10:35:41

Love your name Horatia - how appropriate! grin

leadinglady Sat 02-Feb-13 10:46:55

It is too obivious to say Mr Darcy? he is proud, the right amount of arrogance, loyalty, kind to those he loves and their loves. he has his flaws and he is rich.

Rob Stark love his wit

Sirius Black

Nick the chauffeur in Handmaid's tale but largely because Aidan Quinn played him in the film.

leadinglady Sat 02-Feb-13 10:49:38

Oh yeah Oliver Mellors from Lady Chatterley's lover . a bit of rough and great sex

notafoodbaby come and join us in Adult Fiction for the GH book club. This week is Grand Sophy!

Jessepinkman Sat 02-Feb-13 12:09:01

Will from the Subtle Knife.

Jessepinkman Sat 02-Feb-13 12:09:42

Who said Bigwig from Watership Down?

ZacharyQuack Sat 02-Feb-13 12:16:21

Virgil Flowers.

That fuckin' Flowers.

pointythings Netherlands Sat 02-Feb-13 14:48:50

cooroo not sure about Elric, he's always so gloooooomy. I'd do Moonglum, though!

Notafoodbabyanymore Sat 02-Feb-13 15:58:13

Horatia, I'd love to!

cocolepew United States Sat 02-Feb-13 16:54:21

Lucas Davenport.

Takver Sat 02-Feb-13 17:39:34

Agree with pointythings, Elric doesn't really do it for me either.

tumbletumble Sun 10-Feb-13 19:12:38

Davey Warbeck. Mmmmmm.

Trills Sun 10-Feb-13 19:20:34

Jon Snow wouldn't know where to put it.

Trills Sun 10-Feb-13 19:20:57

Will from the Subtle Knife is 13 Jesse!

Trills Sun 10-Feb-13 19:22:01

Mat Cauthon, he'd know what he was doing and he's be fun and charming and cheerful.

No broody emo-teens for me thanks.

Greydog Sun 10-Feb-13 20:35:29

Elvis Cole, Joe Pike from the Robert Crais books, and Salvo Montalbano, from the TV series not the books.

Ooh, where to start?

Inigo (obviously!) - Westley always seemed a bit of a wuss to me!

Aragorn and Legolas

Also, has anyone else wondered what Gandalf might have been like in his younger days? blush

Lots of detectives and similar - Holmes, Wimsey (and I can speak French!), Alleyn, Beringar...

Luthe (the Hero and the Crown) - and I agree on Corlath too

I seem to remember Howl and some of the other DWJ ones too, but it's so long ago - must re-read them sometime!

Zal (Justina Robson)

Oh, Mercutio too! And the musketeers, sort of collectively (except Porthos..)

Ned Stark (from the books - not seen the TV series yet!)

I'm sure there are more, but my memory is crap so that's all I can come up with for now!

ClodiaF Tue 12-Feb-13 11:12:39

Adam Dalgliesh anyone?

saxony Tue 12-Feb-13 17:38:47

Uhtred
Mr Rochester (The Toby Stephens one!)
Jem from Jamaica Inn (blush)

RimmersLustMonster Tue 12-Feb-13 19:46:05

Peeta Mellarck

LapinDeBois Wed 13-Feb-13 13:25:22

jesse I'm with you on Will from the Subtle Knife. Even though he is 13. It's more of a 'if I were a 12 year old girl' crush.

Inigo definite yes to Aragorn but no to Legolas (the elves always seem a bit too spiritual for me grin). As for Gandalf, I've always imagined him to be gay (a la Dumbledore).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now