Kate Atlinson has a new novel coming out on March 14th

(18 Posts)
HollyGoHeavily Sat 02-Feb-13 06:52:07

Great news! I love Kate Atkinson.

Behind the scenes at the museum is just brilliant - it's the book i turn to if i'm feeling ill and need something comforting and familiar and well written to read.

ErikNorseman Sat 02-Feb-13 06:44:55

Hooray! Brilliant news

wildfig Thu 31-Jan-13 11:34:17

It's more like Behind the Scenes at the Museum than the Jackson Brodie novels, in that it's a family story based around a central conceit: if you could keep going back to repeat moments you didn't quite get right, how would that affect the rest of your life, and that of other people? (Not a spoiler - that's the basis of the cover copy!) It's complex, and ranges over the early half of this century, but so easily readable you sink right into it, and feel a bit bereft when it's over.

BaconAndAvocado Wed 30-Jan-13 21:15:33

You lucky thing you!

I loved Emotionally Weird!! It was so evocative of my time as a student Ian cold, wet climate!

Which book is her new one most like, would you say?

wildfig Wed 30-Jan-13 18:39:47

I've read an early proof - it's brilliant. The best thing she's written, and I am a rabid KA fan who even likes Emotionally Weird.

Mrsrobertduvall Mon 28-Jan-13 08:36:55

I have just been on Amazon again and spent another £50 ..... I get carried away!

boogiewoogie Sun 27-Jan-13 22:51:11

I am a fan of Kate Atkinson's novels if you mean her. I wasn't too keen on Started Early.. though, thought it was a bit far fetched and loopier than the other Jackson Brodie books.

shall go and look on Amazon now...

SixtyFootDoll Sun 27-Jan-13 22:08:58

My favourite author, thanks for the heads up. I live Jackson Beidie

BaconAndAvocado Sun 27-Jan-13 21:57:08

Love, love, love KA!

Hoping to get this for Mothers Day!

BeeBawBabbity Sun 27-Jan-13 21:50:56

Oh goody, she never fails to impress me.

Angelik Sun 27-Jan-13 21:31:46

Ooohhh she's my fave. Behind the scenes one of my favourite book and I never fail to be moved by the part when ruby 'remembers' pearl. Will have to wait for paperback but as dd only 4 days old by the time it's published in paperback I might be ready to read again!

Mrsrobertduvall Sun 27-Jan-13 20:16:03

No idea what it's about...I was feeling expansive one evening on Amazon.

LizzieVereker Sun 27-Jan-13 11:15:29

You've just made my day smile

mimbleandlittlemy Sun 27-Jan-13 11:12:36

Pre-ordered it too and it sounds more like her ones immediatiely after Behind the Scenes. I hope she isn't leaving Jackson Brodie for too long though.

Peggotty Sun 27-Jan-13 09:11:35

grin I'm thinking of pre-ordering it too. She's the only author's book that I have in hardback because I can't wait til they come out in paperback! Have you read a synopsis of the plot yet mrsrobert? Sounds fantastic! And there's a new series of 'Case Histories' starting soon!

Mrsrobertduvall Sun 27-Jan-13 08:49:46

Me!
I've preordered it .

Peggotty Sun 27-Jan-13 08:32:47

Meant to add, it's called 'Life After Life'.

Peggotty Sun 27-Jan-13 08:31:39

I cannot wait! She is my favourite writer! Any other fans out there??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now