Starting a new life by the sea fiction please

(9 Posts)
Lomaamina Sun 13-Jan-13 13:59:58

Thanks for the recommendation lagoonhaze - I've got hold of this from the library and I'm really enjoying it.

I loved Cookie too!grin

If you like a touch of fantasy/mythology then Ingo and The Tide Knot are nice. They are technically YA books, but I enjoyed them, and they are set beside and in the sea. They are about a brother and sister who find out that their father wasn't actually drowned in a storm when they were small, he was a merman and went home.
Or have you ever read "The Island of the Blue Dolphin" by Scott O'Dell - it's an "oldie but goodie, and based on a true story.
Or even Cookie by Jacqueline Wilson grin I read any of hers that anyone gives DD, before I let her read them, and that one features a new home/new life by the sea. It's only short, so a quick read, and it is a children's book, but I actually enjoyed it fir what it was, and it whiled away a couple of hours.

myflabberisgasted Fri 04-Jan-13 21:33:48

The wife who ran away by Tess Stimson.

I read it a while back and it was gripping yet easy reading at the same time.

Pretty sure it had some sea escapism in it to smile

snozzlemaid Fri 04-Jan-13 20:38:26

The Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher.

How about The Sea The Sea by Irish Murdoch? I read it recently and found it gripping

eatyourveg Fri 04-Jan-13 19:55:27

Wife in the North - Judith O'Reilly. Not exactly at the seaside but 2 miles inland with views from the house out to the Farne Islands . Its hilarious

lagoonhaze Thu 03-Jan-13 12:33:34

Looking for escapism - could be romance, cozy murder, whatever.
Thx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now