Whats your favourite Graham Greene?

(32 Posts)
weevilswobble Sun 30-Dec-12 19:24:40

Have just read The End Of The Affair, it was my first Graham Greene. I love how he writes. I'm no literary expert but am finding i love some writers and cant be doing with thrashy stuff.
So which GG would you recommend i read next?

Mockingcurl Tue 08-Jan-13 20:56:01

Studied The Power and The Glory for O level. Absolutely awful book. Loved Brighton Rock.

GetOrf Tue 08-Jan-13 20:57:55

I fekt exactly the same abnout the End of the Affair - devoured it in a few days.

tumbletumble Wed 09-Jan-13 19:59:15

Have to disagree with previous posters. I absolutely loved The Power and The Glory - one of my favourite books ever. Brighton Rock is good too.

DoubleMum Wed 09-Jan-13 20:17:57

Brighton Rock.

weevilswobble Wed 09-Jan-13 21:14:36

Wasnt getting a vibe from Brighton Rock....
Anyway, England Made Me came in the post today! (i tried my local bookshop, didnt have it in stock or their wholesaler, tried 2 second hand shops in town to no avail, the second one suggested abebooks.com which is an independent site, got it there)

Verenap Thu 10-Jan-13 11:17:54

Margaret Atwood's the Handmaid's Tale

My favourites are Our Man in Havanna & ...The Power & the Glory, for completely different reasons. The former was oddball & funny, the latter deep & really made me think about faith. Obviously a Marmite book. Libraries usually have a shelf full of GG's, that's how I first got into them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now