How do you decide what to read and how to fit more in.

(6 Posts)
mixedmamameansbusiness Sun 30-Dec-12 21:00:14

Yes, I love a plan. Have made my January list, but need to finish Great Expectations first.

UptoapointLordCopper Sun 30-Dec-12 18:52:45

I read by impulse. I have a new stack waiting to be read but am now reading Watership Down purely because there was a quote from it in Inkheart which was what I was reading before. I don't really plan, which is odd, because I like plans. smile

mixedmamameansbusiness Sun 30-Dec-12 15:04:22

Ah yes, I think I have posted on them or at the very least have read them. Won't respond on the other thread.

I am hoping my kindle helps, although not sure how since I carry a book everywhere anyway. I do try to read three at once though and that is probably key plus interspersed with history books for uni which I don't usually count unless I read the whole book which is rare.

CandyLoo Sun 30-Dec-12 14:52:24

I've posted in the last couple of months asking how we all manage to find the time to read.
I can't do it now but will try and link to the threads later for you.
Might be helpful!

mixedmamameansbusiness Sun 30-Dec-12 14:48:45

I have just added the mumsnet book of the month too.

mixedmamameansbusiness Sun 30-Dec-12 14:01:12

I have little time and do loads of reading for in but really want to get through some of the fifty something works of fiction on my shelf, plus have a swanky new Kindle.

So my plan is each month to read

One novel of my own which are mostly classics so can be hard copy/kindle
One book for book club
One guilty pleasure read which will be from my growing collection of Agatha Christie, Catherine Cookson and Sherlock Holmes.

It feels paltry but I won't have anymore time.

What about you guys?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now