What have you bought in the Kindle sale?

(33 Posts)
GoldMyrrhAndNonsense Thu 27-Dec-12 15:14:41

I've been browsing the Kindle sale this afternoon and nothing is jumping out at me. What have you bought so far? I'm thinking of trying one of the Elly Griffiths ones as someone was talking about them on here.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Wed 02-Jan-13 10:58:38

I got The Life of Pi for 20p too smile

I have finished it already, what a fab book!

overflowingmum Wed 02-Jan-13 19:25:49

I have bought loads in the sale for my new Kindle!
So far:
The Snow Child
A cupboard full of coats
Magician
The language of flowers
Purple Hibiscus
The grass is singing
My sister lives on the mantlepiece
The 100 year old man.....

plus a few others I've bought not in the twelve days deals!!
Should keep me going for a bit!!grin

elkiedee Thu 03-Jan-13 01:04:27

I loved Purple Hibiscus and A Cupboard Full of Coats and The Language of Flowers were good reads too (though I wouldn't consider them to be quite the same literary quality). I bought The Snow Child and there are a couple of others which I own but I may not get them.

elkiedee Thu 03-Jan-13 01:08:00

I mean that there are a couple that I want to read but I own in paperback, and in those cases I get the Kindle edition on the basis that I will pass on the print copy to a relative, friend or charity shop. With children's books, even YA ones or very girly ones that my sons might never read, I'm not so comfortable somehow with replacing real books with ebooks.

Startail Thu 03-Jan-13 01:17:00

Complete Hitch hikers guide, could recite huge chunks as a teen.

fuzzpig Thu 03-Jan-13 01:56:59

Can I just ask, are the things that are on the sale now actually staying on sale until 7th jan? So I could just look then and see everything all in one go? (Not daily deals obviously)

I work in a library so see loads of books I'd like to read all the time, not that I ever make time to read them hmm

BabeRuthless Thu 03-Jan-13 09:48:55

That's right fuzzpig they're adding new titles every day but they all stay in till midnight on the 7th.

fuzzpig Thu 03-Jan-13 09:55:36

Excellent, thank you <sets alarm on phone> smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now