Shardlake series - do they have to be read in order?

(7 Posts)
PenelopeLane Fri 04-Jan-13 07:57:26

I second the recommendations to read them in order - you'll get more from them that way

SooticaTheWitchesCat Wed 02-Jan-13 11:04:14

Definitely best to read them in order but it wont spoil the stories if you don't. I have read all of them and loved them all!

I think you should read them in order tbh. It won't ruin the series but you'll see relationship development and also history happened in order, so it makes sense to read historical novels in order.

Clawdy Fri 14-Dec-12 22:52:55

Once you read one,you will want to read them all!Really unputdownable...

kikidee Fri 14-Dec-12 07:30:17

That does help, thank you very much. Can't wait to stop work and get stuck into my Christmas reading!

highlandcoo Thu 13-Dec-12 22:40:12

I'd say fairly stand-alone from memory. Each story has a very different plot, and sometimes a different setting too. His relationships with other characters do develop as the series progresses, but that's not enough to spoil things if you decide to go back and start from Book One afterwards IMO

HTH

kikidee Thu 13-Dec-12 20:06:32

I've wanted to read one of the Shardlake books for a while and tonight the library had the fourth in the series so I got it but just want to check whether I'll be ruining the series by reading fourth first or whether they are fairly stand-- alone. Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now