To Kill A Mockingbird

(30 Posts)
BeauNeidel Fri 16-Nov-12 21:55:58

I remember reading this as a child in school (Year 9 I think) and finding it really boring. I'm re-reading it now as I really really want to buy one of these for my Kindle.

I am loving it. I really remember so little of it, it's like a brand new book for me, and right up my street!

Anyone else know and love it? Or rediscovered something like this? I just can't believe I disregarded it for so long tbh - I did American Studies at university, and lots of American literature. I wish we'd revisited it then, it feels like a real treat reading it now.

Nigglenaggle Thu 22-Nov-12 21:41:12

I'm pleased to hear the film is good. I was wondering about seeing it but was worried it would spoil the book which I really enjoyed.

CrikeyOHare Thu 22-Nov-12 22:05:07

Niggle It'll enhance your enjoyment, I promise. Truly the perfect adaptation of a perfect book. And I defy you not to fall in love with Gregory Peck/Atticus Finch wink

porridgewithalmondmilk Tue 27-Nov-12 16:52:42

Love it smile

I am very lucky as I am a secondary English teacher so I get to teach it, too!

Jux Tue 27-Nov-12 17:27:04

It's one of my all time favourites; it's a classic.

I like those Kindle covers, and thought I'd get one for my brother, only to see that they seem to have confused Astronomy with astrology. Very disappointing. Why? Why? Why? <Jux spontaneously combusts as a result of general ignorance in the book world>

mixedmamameansbusiness Tue 27-Nov-12 20:43:33

Oh yes, the film is excellent. Brilliantly cast and true to Harper Lee.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now