About to read jack reacher

(7 Posts)
tiggy114 Fri 16-Nov-12 21:34:10

I aquired the first book for bed tonight. I have seen people on here raving about them so i'm excited to get started. I was planning on seeing the film though so i'm partly wondering if i should wait to read the books as i'll prob hate the film then. Hmm.

Vivalebeaver Fri 16-Nov-12 21:41:35

I think the film might be so shit it would put you off the books! Read the books, they're good.

diabolo Sat 17-Nov-12 12:08:42

Don't watch the film! Tom Cruise is not and never will be Jack Reacher!

The books are brilliant, Reacher is a great hero and the books, although not particularly intelligent, for the most part are well plotted and exciting.

But casting the skinny little 5'7" Cruise as a 6'4" tall, 17 stone hunk of muscle, has not gone down well with fans.

I love Jack Reacher too and Tom Cruise will NEVER EVER fill his shoes or even be able to lift them to put them on.

lisa1968 Mon 03-Dec-12 20:16:57

I read 'The Killing Floor' a few weeks ago-quite an easy read so I got through it quite quickly.

tiggy114 Mon 03-Dec-12 21:23:19

Lisa i'm half way through. I have 3 books on the go though so taking me a while. Good easy read though :D

lisa1968 Tue 04-Dec-12 19:47:34

Couldn't have 3 books on the go tiggy-bad enough trying to read one!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now