Patricia Cornwell

(4 Posts)
MissLol78 Wed 07-Nov-12 10:31:06

I agree her early books were great, read a few of the more recent ones and didnt like them much.

notcitrus Tue 06-Nov-12 10:07:01

The first half dozen are very good. Then they got increasingly bonkers - Point of Origin onwards are dreadful, but then about 2 ago she ends up in New York and there's a line when she basically says to Marino, let's pretend all the events of the last few books never happened - very good idea - and they got quite good again.

DuchessofMalfi Tue 06-Nov-12 09:57:54

buggy - more people tend to post on the Adult Fiction forum, so you might get more replies there if you re-post?

I have to say I wasn't that enthralled with Kay Scarpetta as a character - I've read a few of them, but didn't bother to continue with the series.

Do you like crime novels? I'm reading a good one at the moment - Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. Nearly finished (the library wants it back this week, so I've got to hurry it up grin).

buggyRunner Sun 04-Nov-12 12:47:27

I've just discovered her - first book read was the last of the Dr Kay books.
I was gutted so I'm trying to read the rest- but not in order as I am at the mercy of the libruary!
Which is the best of her books?
I love the characters!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now