The good father - Diane Chamberlain

(14 Posts)
myflabberisgasted Mon 08-Oct-12 18:40:00

I have just finished the good father by Diane chamberlain and it was fantastic! It gripped me right from the start and I just couldn't put it down.
It had drama and action at the end, would reccomend it to anyone!

Has anyone else read this?
Any thoughts on it?

ninjanurse Mon 08-Oct-12 19:26:36

Have this on kindle ready to go. Have read The Shadow Wife and a couple of her others. Really enjoy them. I used to like Jodi Picoult but find her stuff too samey nowadays and I find Diane Chamberlain a better alternative.

mogandme Mon 08-Oct-12 19:31:04

I liked it. I find she is like Jodi Picoult and am always interested in the topics they write about

myflabberisgasted Mon 08-Oct-12 20:17:07

I have also read the midwives confession and thought that was brilliant to. She's my new favourite author! I have added all her other books onto my wish list.

myflabberisgasted Mon 08-Oct-12 20:17:32

ninjanurse what was the shadow wife like?

ninjanurse Tue 09-Oct-12 12:58:41

The Shadow Wife was really good, I would recommend it. The Lost Daughter is also worth reading.

MyMamaToldMe Wed 10-Oct-12 21:31:09

The Good Father was the 1st Diane Chamberlain book I've read. Since then I've read a few more - Keeper of the Light was one and I can really recommend it! Agree about Jodie Picolt - it started to feel like she was following a formula in writing her books.

ggirl Wed 10-Oct-12 21:42:15

I really enjoyed the Good Father although I did find the ending slightly contrived , think the same of the other few books of hers I have read. I still enjoy them though.

valiumredhead Thu 11-Oct-12 13:57:30

She is everything that Jodi Picoult wishes she was imo! I read The Midwife's Tale and really enjoyed it.

myflabberisgasted Thu 11-Oct-12 20:32:27

I have also read the confessions of a midwife and thought it was fab!

I am a massive fan.

Womenandchickensfirst Sat 13-Oct-12 16:24:11

I've read The Good Father by Noah Hawley, which is obviously a different book! It's from the perspective of a father whose son has shot a presidential candidate (American obviously, and very contemporary). it was a really interesting read, so thought I'd recommend it.

theonewiththenoisychild Sun 14-Oct-12 11:15:39

I am a fan of her books I've read loads of them I agree she's better than jodi picoult Tbh the constant reference to jodi picoult on the covers is a bit annoying. Haven't read this one yet but will buy it now will eventually have read all her books

myflabberisgasted Sun 14-Oct-12 14:12:20

Thanks womenandchickensfirst I'll add that one to my to read list too! smile

I love Diane Chamberlaine - she is my favourite author. All her books are brilliant smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now