I am reading THE book of mumsnet. It's hillarious!!

(13 Posts)
carparkmum Wed 14-Nov-12 19:16:23

It's great that Mumsnetters are now talking about my books - makes me very happy. Check out my others smile

Dillydollydaydream Wed 14-Nov-12 16:31:03

I've read the first one which was brilliant. I've read the preview of the 2nd one on my kindle, hopefully I'll get some amazon vouchers or birthday/Christmas.
I did actually wonder if the author was s MNer smile

carparkmum Wed 14-Nov-12 15:46:27

Thank you all for your support -so glad that readers are enjoying it. And don't forget the sequel smile

BRANdishingMistletoe Wed 14-Nov-12 12:40:16

I just went to have a look and I bought this book on 12th Sept, I have no memory of doing this.blush My name is bran and I'm a bookaholic.

I'll move it up my to-be-read list now that I know it's authored by a MNetter.

GretaGr1p Wed 14-Nov-12 12:32:41

I'm looking for a book to read!

Off to check this out.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 14-Nov-12 09:56:02

carparkmum

I'd like to know why my comment was removed. I wasn't offensive or spamming - just owning up to being the author of a book people appear to be enjoying sad

Our apologies: that post has now been reinstated. It shouldn't have been deleted.

Peggylicious Wed 14-Nov-12 09:52:00

@Theas18 I'm with you! Totally related to this book and most of the sequel. Very funny and perfectly pitched to this audience. And poor carparkmum - being gagged just for acknowledging she's the author (if she is?) ... and a MN'er! Come on, moderators, she (well, Amanda Egan at least) deserves to be on the MN radar. Do you ever promote books that aren't your own? A feature maybe?

carparkmum Sun 21-Oct-12 14:43:16

I'd like to know why my comment was removed. I wasn't offensive or spamming - just owning up to being the author of a book people appear to be enjoying sad

carparkmum Wed 17-Oct-12 22:08:16

I am the author and am really chuffed with these comments! Thank you all so much, I'm so please you've enjoyed - only just saw this thread smile

phedre Wed 19-Sep-12 13:38:15

I just read it too and thought that the author must be a mumsnetter!

I enjoyed it so much I immediately bought the follow up which was equally good.

Well done Amanda if you are busy snooping smile

oh I thought you meant a Mumsnet book, but now I see you mean a book that reads like mumsnet rather than by mumsnet

ignore me

Are you MNHQ in disguise trying some shameless promoting? grin

Theas18 Wed 19-Sep-12 13:27:01

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Diary-Mummy-Misfit-ebook/dp/B0053UNS60

Honestly it's the best bits of school place angst, school gate politics, AIBU,the doghouse etc rolled into a book with a silly prep school as well.

What more could you want !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now