I am reading THE book of mumsnet. It's hillarious!!

(13 Posts)
Theas18 Wed 19-Sep-12 13:27:01

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Diary-Mummy-Misfit-ebook/dp/B0053UNS60

Honestly it's the best bits of school place angst, school gate politics, AIBU,the doghouse etc rolled into a book with a silly prep school as well.

What more could you want !

Are you MNHQ in disguise trying some shameless promoting? grin

oh I thought you meant a Mumsnet book, but now I see you mean a book that reads like mumsnet rather than by mumsnet

ignore me

phedre Wed 19-Sep-12 13:38:15

I just read it too and thought that the author must be a mumsnetter!

I enjoyed it so much I immediately bought the follow up which was equally good.

Well done Amanda if you are busy snooping smile

carparkmum Wed 17-Oct-12 22:08:16

I am the author and am really chuffed with these comments! Thank you all so much, I'm so please you've enjoyed - only just saw this thread smile

carparkmum Sun 21-Oct-12 14:43:16

I'd like to know why my comment was removed. I wasn't offensive or spamming - just owning up to being the author of a book people appear to be enjoying sad

Peggylicious Wed 14-Nov-12 09:52:00

@Theas18 I'm with you! Totally related to this book and most of the sequel. Very funny and perfectly pitched to this audience. And poor carparkmum - being gagged just for acknowledging she's the author (if she is?) ... and a MN'er! Come on, moderators, she (well, Amanda Egan at least) deserves to be on the MN radar. Do you ever promote books that aren't your own? A feature maybe?

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 14-Nov-12 09:56:02

carparkmum

I'd like to know why my comment was removed. I wasn't offensive or spamming - just owning up to being the author of a book people appear to be enjoying sad

Our apologies: that post has now been reinstated. It shouldn't have been deleted.

GretaGr1p Wed 14-Nov-12 12:32:41

I'm looking for a book to read!

Off to check this out.

BRANdishingMistletoe Wed 14-Nov-12 12:40:16

I just went to have a look and I bought this book on 12th Sept, I have no memory of doing this.blush My name is bran and I'm a bookaholic.

I'll move it up my to-be-read list now that I know it's authored by a MNetter.

carparkmum Wed 14-Nov-12 15:46:27

Thank you all for your support -so glad that readers are enjoying it. And don't forget the sequel smile

Dillydollydaydream Wed 14-Nov-12 16:31:03

I've read the first one which was brilliant. I've read the preview of the 2nd one on my kindle, hopefully I'll get some amazon vouchers or birthday/Christmas.
I did actually wonder if the author was s MNer smile

carparkmum Wed 14-Nov-12 19:16:23

It's great that Mumsnetters are now talking about my books - makes me very happy. Check out my others smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now