erotic fiction suggestions please

(78 Posts)
pingdriver Mon 11-Jun-12 19:08:09

just had dc2 to add to a 2 year old. DH and I are looking forward to resuming our sex life although aware this could be challenging with two young children. To help us along our way I would like to read some erotic literature. I am aware that we are going to have limited time to wind each other up so to speak and want to get myself in the mood. Guess we have a pretty normal sex life so not looking for anything too tame, but nothing over the top either.
Grateful for suggestions please.................................

The Gentlemen's Club - by Emmanuelle de Maupassant

Spicy Victorian erotica, with strong female lead getting one over on her persistent suitor: nice romantic element and happy (if slightly unconventional) ending.

I've left a book review also.

HootHootTootToot Thu 13-Mar-14 15:18:10

Oops, thanks for the correction, I meant 'Delta' not 'Death' . I guess I was too busy being outraged grin blush

NigellasDealer Thu 13-Mar-14 01:26:32

oh and if everyone is into Fifty Shades of shite, why not just go for the 'Story of O'?

NigellasDealer Thu 13-Mar-14 01:25:20

I think somebody has already suggested
'Fanny Hill - memoirs of a lady of pleasure' by John Cleland but i will suggest it again!
hilarious!

BOFtastic Thu 13-Mar-14 01:04:05

I think it's Delta Of Venus, not 'Death'.

HootHootTootToot Thu 13-Mar-14 00:58:09

Someone mentioned Anais Nin 'Death of Venus' I wouldn't ever recommend it as it contains explicit descriptions of children being raped and gang raped. It's a revolting book and I would question the judgement of anyone that found it 'erotic'

Just because it was written by a woman and was written a long while ago doesn't make it ok.

Ericaequites Thu 13-Mar-14 00:31:32

Pat Califia does some excellent lesbian and gender fluid erotica. He used to be a she, so sees things from both sides.

sheriffofnottingham Wed 12-Mar-14 17:24:06

www.sparksandcasey.com they do audio books that are roughly shag length so you have your hands free!!

Tinyminx Mon 10-Mar-14 22:31:02

http://www.ustarnovels.co.uk/gifts-for-couples/

Interestingly, there were 69 posts on this thread. I'm sorry to spoil that. Oh sweet irony.

On her you can get a personalised erotic book. It will take account of you and DH physical looks, what you wear, what perfume....when I read ours I'd forgotten and when they mentioned my boyfriend's brand of cologne I was so shocked!!
It describes you and he in sexy clinches....it really is horny. They print quickly and they make a great gift

SaltyGoodness Mon 03-Mar-14 18:25:22

To the posters upthread who recommended Remittance Girl's Beautiful Losers:

Thank you smile

£3.99 on Amazon was a bit more than I wanted to pay (why must my filth be cheap? Often wondered why am v tight about paying for smutty reads blush) but worth it. Well written, really liked it. Will read more of her stuff, it just seems less saccharine than the Sylvia Day type books.

FiveOwls Mon 03-Mar-14 13:56:05

sallydavies, why did you send me a DM recommending those sites you mention above? I've given no indication, here or anywhere else, that I'd be interested in such things. Is it connected to the fact that you were the one who resurrected this thread from December?

sazgirl Mon 03-Mar-14 13:49:38

best of womens erotica edtted by Marcy Sheiner
Amazon..http://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Womens-Erotica-Marcy-Sheiner/dp/1573442119

MrsBennetsEldest Sun 02-Mar-14 14:17:14

Try anything by Poppet or Sylvia Day.

Innogen Sun 02-Mar-14 14:16:13

Women on top, rather.

Innogen Sun 02-Mar-14 14:14:41

Nancy Friday! Not fiction. But seriously hot stuff.

Used to steal my mums copy of Girls on Top as a teenager.

sallydavies Sun 02-Mar-14 13:49:46

just to add...try solotouch.com and cliterati.com , puts me in the mood for when DH comes home or sometimes just for some "me time " !!

happierwithgin Thu 20-Dec-12 19:52:27

Forget 50 Shades....poorly written imo. Try anything by Sylvia Day. If you are looking for something a bit more specific just type in erotic fiction on Amazon, most tastes are catered for.

ScrimshawTheSecond Tue 11-Dec-12 10:53:19

Oh, I'd also highly recommend Remittance Girl's new novel, Beautiful Losers. I'm half way through and it's a wonderful erotic read - a woman joining a gay couple. Very character led, very focussed on the sex, very well written.

ScrimshawTheSecond Tue 11-Dec-12 10:50:46

Gird yourself for disappointment, hermione! I'm one of the lesser known BL writers. smile

hermioneweasley Mon 10-Dec-12 21:27:41

Ooo, I wonder who scrimshaw is?

TheElfOnThePanopticon Mon 10-Dec-12 21:23:13

Remittance Girl has a beautifully-written erotica blog, and I like Monmouth for very short but well-written bdsm stories.

ScrimshawTheSecond Mon 10-Dec-12 18:29:35

Ooh, I got here by vanity googling - I write/wrote for Black Lace too, Alurkatsoftplay! - and am thrilled to hear of people looking for good erotica. Maybe I can help ...

I wanted to suggest that anthologies are a great way to find new authors, get a taste of lots of different writers at once. As well as Black Lace, the Mammoth books are good for a kind of more literary slanted erotica. There's also Harlequin Spice - more romantic, as you'd expect. In fact there are loads of epubs - Ellora's Cave, and lots of wee small indie ones. Cleis Press do a lot of interesting anthos with a very inclusive attitude to sexuality.

For the classics there are Georges Bataille (pretty out-there. Very ... European), Henry Miller (I never really considered this erotica), yes, Nin (Delta of Venus and Little Birds), Venus in Furs, The Story of O.

I am trying very hard to be informative and not push only my favourites and my publishers - inevitably it's hard! There is a tonne out there, and I expect there will shortly be a tonne more since FSOG.

smile If anyone needs any more specific pointers, though, (ahem) happy to help.

gokhuvegeta Tue 30-Oct-12 22:23:02

Submission (the Plume) ella ardent free at the moment on kindle, fairly short, kind of like fifty shades but better writing. Comes in installments the next being The dungeon (haven't read that yet).

hermioneweasley Mon 29-Oct-12 20:20:31

For e books I like bella Andre and LC Giroux. For print I like Emma Holly's contemporary stuff (not fantasy/ sci fi)- ménage and top of her game are two of my favourites.

chinley Mon 29-Oct-12 11:57:00

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now