Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Anyone else cross with Cold Feet? (spoilers)

(4 Posts)
JustHappy3 Tue 11-Oct-16 20:36:03

I love "Cold Feet" - everyone i know saying it's really speaking to our (old git) generation.
And then they do the "he's not your real dad" story line - and the teenager is cross for 2 days and then gets over it.
Hurumph.
All my good work explaining why we must tell adopted dd from the off potentially ruined with people thinking we can leave it and have mild storm in a teacup later.
Obviously not changing our intentions - but expected more from writers I rate. Grrr. Grr. Grrr.
(Equally obviously there are bigger things to worry about i know- but this week is a good week so time/energy to fritter away on spurious stuff. Ignore me if you having bad week)

crispandcheesesanwichplease Tue 11-Oct-16 20:59:46

Hi JustHappy,

I agree with you totally and was harumpfting all the way through that bit of the story. My OH ( a successful professional writer) kept telling me it wasn't real and is meant to be a comedy etc,

However I thought it was rather irresponsible and made the fall out for the girl, Chloe, seem no more than a tiff with a friend.

I wouldn't say I lost sleep over it but in this day and age they could've done a bit better.

And as for that bloody term 'real' parents - makes me want to stab someone in the eyes with a fork!

Thefishewife Wed 12-Oct-16 17:31:02

Sorry I don't agree I think it's a fab example of why you should tell early on otherwise

Jeremy Kyle ensues

I had my sil watch it them text me saying omg have you seen cold feet make sure you tell your dd have to reassure her she is having very good life story work

Italiangreyhound Thu 13-Oct-16 08:20:01

I cpuldn't help but think anyone having kids this millennium MUST realise you MUST tell. But so went through counselling with donor eggs (unsuccessful) and then adoption so I realised some of us are clued up than general public. And yes, reveal, to dressing up to meet bio dad (bit horrible to me) to bio dad letting her down, all a bit stupid! Bloody fast.

But then Karen went and bonked that young bloke at the hotel so not real life!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now