Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Name changed

(10 Posts)
Thefishewife Thu 22-Sep-16 12:50:33

Well it's done the names been changed eek it was a bit akward but feel we do the correct thing

We just filled in the name we wanted on the adoption form sw couldn't attend direction hearing and sent another sw

But today was celebration day and sw said to me after meeting with the judge she's got the wrong name she kept saying xxxx instead of xxxx I then had to explain eek

That months back my sw had actually approched the family finder about name changing however she when to her line manger and they sent quite a strong email saying the would re consider the match if we talk about the issue again and that there policey is to have a blanket ban on any name changes

She said she new nothing of this email and was a bit shocked

Never mind name is changed and she's all ours whoop whoop

greenandblackssurvivalkit Thu 22-Sep-16 13:04:50

smile Congratulations!

Thefishewife Thu 22-Sep-16 13:06:51

Thanks it was really akward but now it's over I am delighted

Kr1stina Thu 22-Sep-16 13:10:53

Congratulations on the adoption!

And I'm hmm at how the " blanket ban " works with " every child is an individual " and " child and family centered practice " .

And " we will reconsider the match if you talk about this again " fits with " we are open and approachable , let's discuss any issues you have " .

Thefishewife Thu 22-Sep-16 15:21:21

poster Kr1stina Thu 22-Sep-16 13:10:53

I know my social worker said she once had a child who had the same first name as the adopters last name think Harvey Harvey and said the la were being ludicrous.

We also had clear evidence from the office of national stats that our daughter was one of only 50 who had her name 😕

tldr Thu 22-Sep-16 16:33:03

Congrats! flowers

OlennasWimple Thu 22-Sep-16 19:00:51

Congratulations! flowers

MintyLizzy9 Thu 22-Sep-16 19:17:00

flowers congrats!

Congratulations well done. I do hate any kind of blanket approach that means little one's cannot be considered as one would consider your own child, e.g. if they were in need of name change for safety, common sense reasons. They are your child, social workers are trusting you with all the big and little decisions in life. How dare they question you when you will be raising the child and this is such a necessary thing for some children.

Clockworklemon Thu 22-Sep-16 20:24:31

Whoo hoo!! Good for you. Now relax and celebrate!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now