Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Personality disorders vs effects of trauma, and therapy for trauma

(1 Post)
bodenboyssocks Sat 17-Sep-16 18:26:01

I​ have read threads on here about children suffering from trauma, meltdowns, emotional flooding, violence, other executive function problems. One ​of my ​dc was very ill a few years ago, when he was 2, and was in hospital/on medication for​​ a long time, and it had dire affects on his wellbeing and behaviour. I found this video of a Yale lecture which changed our lives​​. ​ I​ worked on the basis that my LO was suffering from trauma, as a result of the illness, and I took from this video that he could be "cured" by the brain being effectively rewired by the therapies and exercises, without medication. I​f any of you have not yet found this video and you have troubled children, then you may well find it is helpful.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2NTADxDuhA

This was 2013 and things may have moved on since then. If you google therapies for children who are suffering from trauma you will find other therapies too. ​Many sound ridiculously simple but if they are done regularly they work - or at least they did for us.

I ​also ​found this a really easy to understand​, easy to watch and short ​explanation about fight/flight:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmwiJ6ghLIM

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now