Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Your first memory 😊

(11 Posts)
PotofGold1186 Fri 02-Sep-16 21:13:41

Just because I want something lovely on the board wink
What is your first memory of your little one?

Mine is the way my daughter looked through the bars of her cot at us when we first walked into her bedroom. These huge, beautiful brown eyes just fixed onto us. I was terrified haha!
How about you? Any lovely memories? Funny stories?

cake brew flowers

PoppyStellar Fri 02-Sep-16 22:01:37

DD had been home about three weeks when she turned to me, gave me a huge hug and said 'you're my best mummy so far'. Brought tears to my eyes.

In fact writing that has brought a little tear to my eye again. Mainly cos I'm sat in her room waiting for her to fall asleep after the mother of all meltdowns. Reminds me she's still a very vulnerable little girl who's had a whole load of crap to deal with.

Sorry, that's put the thread on a bit of a downer!

Funniest early memory is me and DD giggling in the loo on day 2 of intros when I couldn't get a nappy on her. She has the best giggle and it definitely broke the ice!

Kitsandkids Sat 03-Sep-16 10:55:50

I'm a foster carer but my boys are going to be with me permanently, call me Mum etc. Anyway, I remember when they came to us I was looking out of the window to see them coming down the path, the 5 year old rushing and full of smiles, the 6 year old more anxious looking. Within 2 minutes of them being in the house the 6 year old had fallen down a step! The 5 year old went running upstairs to look at his bedroom calling 'Come on Mum.' At the time I had to explain I wasn't Mum, and I was a bit concerned he was willing to switch his attachment so easily, but 2 years later I am Mum (though he understands he has 2) and I am fairly confident he is securely attached to me.

The tantrums of the first few weeks I am more willing to forget! Ha ha!

PotofGold1186 Sat 03-Sep-16 13:20:41

So lovely, flowers for you both 😊

marmalade999 Sat 03-Sep-16 14:07:11

My 1st memory is the energy our 2 year old had. We had proper belly laughs with tickles at introductions. He has the cutest smile ever!!! star

greenandblackssurvivalkit Sat 03-Sep-16 18:35:26

Ahem. Marmalade, I'm sure your DS has a lovely smile.

But I think you'll find my DS here has the cutest smile ever! wink

My first memory is going "Fucking hell, they're going to just give me this baby!" As he grinned at me.

PotofGold1186 Sat 03-Sep-16 19:02:05

Haha I had that "omg I've got to look after this fully fledged little person" moment when we bought her home! I nearly had a panic attack! So glad I'm past that!

marmalade999 Sat 03-Sep-16 19:22:45

Awww we have lots of happy memories. It's the best decision we've ever made.
smile

MypocketsarelikeNarnia Sat 03-Sep-16 19:26:53

I remember the moment ds (ac) and dd (bc) first clicked. She was prancing about with a hula hoop and he started laughing like a drain and she looked at him like, 'oh right - you're quite a good audience you are' and did it more and he laughed more and more...

That's when I knew we had done the right thing for everyone smile

gabsdot Sat 03-Sep-16 23:44:37

When I finally picked up my soon to be son, He was 6 months old only weighed 7lbs and was tiny as a new born and so handsome and bright eyed.

dibly Sun 04-Sep-16 00:21:26

When we first walked in the room and there she was, 11 months old with the cheeky pixie face and huge eyes. Adorable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now