Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

anyone adopted 4?

(14 Posts)
bostonbabe5 Fri 29-Jul-16 22:11:41

NC here....regular poster trying to be vague - regulars will guess who i am.
Hi all,
we are a family of 6, we have 3 ac, 1 bc. our ac are siblings.
we are considering newborn sibling.

can anyone talk to me about big families, adopting this many, SN's and the complexities of teenage life with this many?

TIA

Italiangreyhound Fri 29-Jul-16 22:15:16

No words of advice but all the best whatever you decide to do.

2old2beamum Fri 29-Jul-16 22:43:04

We had 3 homegrown dcs and have since adopted 8 it has been brilliant despite 3 having died.......2 did have short life expectancy when placed. The 3rd ds did do the dirty on us bless him. All our eight had SN my life is busy but fantastic, hope I do not sound sloppy.
Go with what you feel is ok for you and good luck

fasparent Sat 30-Jul-16 13:05:55

Same as 2old, 8 plus Few SGO's.and many FC's mum and dad too most, who now have children and family's of their own.
Key is ALL children must be included and full supportive of the family and future siblings. Has its ups and downs but keeps you young.
wish you luck

flapjackfairy Fri 16-Sep-16 15:01:48

Is there a limit to how many children you can adopt in this country (uk)? I have 3 birth children , a long term foster child with complex needs and we are waiting for our adoption order for a little one also ? Lo also has complex disabilities and requires round the clock care. Whenever I hint at adopting another one in the future I am met with reluctance by sw etc. Sorry to high jack the thread but I have to say toold and fasparent your life sounds great and like mine (though mine on smaller scale) . And I also have the dubious honour of being oldest parent at school .

Hels20 Fri 16-Sep-16 21:39:12

I missed this thread somehow. Babe5 what did you end up doing? Taking the sibling? But how many more will you take? The BM could have many more children. Where do you draw the line?

Gosh - so many people on this board are amazing and I think you are too (and I often hope that Fasparent and 2old have got OBE's stashed away somewhere...)

bostonkremekrazy Mon 14-Nov-16 14:10:05

coming back to this thread - cannot remember how to change my name back!

we decided to go ahead with the baby smile all being well with panel baby is due home in a few weeks!

very happy soon to be mum of 5!

Hels - I think that is it for us - I refuse to drive a bus!!!

flapjackfairy Mon 14-Nov-16 17:58:57

Oh congratulations boston that sounds wonderful. Enjoy x

Kitkatandcake Mon 14-Nov-16 22:54:27

That's amazing! We have 2 AC and would love 1 more but I'm not sure given the current climate we'd ever find a match! Also torn as to how difficult life will be with multiple. 5 sounds amazing, and exhausting!

tldr Tue 15-Nov-16 01:24:21

<faints>
<speechless>
flowerswine

Athrawes Tue 15-Nov-16 01:52:58

My friends have 8 adopted siblings. They started with one, then the birth mother kept producing them...amazing parents and wonderful to have been able to keep them all together. But it is a lot to ask and what happens if this family has another child, what would you do then? How likely is that to happen?

OlennasWimple Tue 15-Nov-16 02:59:37

Congratulations flowers

Hels20 Tue 15-Nov-16 06:27:40

Wow! What a lovely update. Congratulations

2old2beamum Tue 15-Nov-16 21:19:41

Well done mum of five, just hope you enjoy your gang like we enjoy ours!!
Congratulations x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now