Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

HR have asked for a meeting...

(5 Posts)
RosieandJim89 Tue 14-Jun-16 19:23:12

They said it is to discuss forms they need and procedures etc. She also mentioned answering any questions I might have.
Is there anything I should be asking?

GirlsWhoWearGlasses Wed 15-Jun-16 07:15:56

I would just be checking that HR have a proper understanding of your entitlement to time off in line with maternity leave, but if they already have an adoption leave procedure in place they sound relatively sorted. Maybe check about time off before they come home, for matching panel etc and notice before intros?

RatherBeIndoors Wed 15-Jun-16 11:42:39

Hopefully it will be similar to a pre-maternity leave meeting - it should be about how you would prefer to stay in contact during your leave (do you want to be emailed with company news / do you want to be left alone); it should also set out proposed return to work timeframes, adoption pay levels, and when your manager will make contact with you to plan your return to work. You might put some very loose dates in for keeping-in-touch days, if that's something you are planning on doing as part of a phased return to work.

They may also want to check what you are happy for colleagues to know - are you happy everyone knows you are on adoption leave, do you want it to be known as parental leave, etc. You may want to ask them whether you need to return any company property (laptop, phone) etc to be used by your adoption leave cover person, or whether they are OK with you keeping those items until you return.

Hope it's positive and all goes well.

RosieandJim89 Wed 15-Jun-16 21:21:22

Thanks ladies. I am a little nervous about it now. I suppose it makes everything seem very real.

starpatch Wed 15-Jun-16 21:25:18

Good luck Before you go on leave checking if there is a career break policy and printing it off can be helpful. In case you want longer unpaid leave before you go back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now