Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Now - I know patience is a virtue - but..

(4 Posts)
topcat2014 Sun 12-Jun-16 19:27:39

A couple of weeks ago I plucked up the courage to fill in the online form for my LA, and got an acknowledgement back - ie automatically from the website.

Should I have expected to hear anything back from a real person yet - or does even this early stage take weeks?

Thanks,

UnderTheNameOfSanders Sun 12-Jun-16 20:47:02

Lots of reasons why a proper answer might have been delayed
- It has been half term, so SWs with their own children may have had the week off.
- SW teams are over stretched
- They may collect enquiries up in batches, review them every month deciding who to visit and who not to (especially if you had to put a lot of info on your initial enquiry)
- They may do nothing until 3 weeks before their next information session, and then invite you along
- They may just be disorganised
- they could be testing who has the tenacity to hang in their over a long process (joke. - I think)

If they didn't indicate anything on their website, I'd give it another couple of weeks and then phone them.

matimeo Mon 13-Jun-16 00:34:33

Local authorities can be very poor with adopters. I have spoken to countless people who had bad experiences, and only a few with good ones.

We went through Caritas Care, who were superb, both our daughter's LA social workers were pretty rubbish. I would suggest contacting a couple of voluntary agencies as well. Even if you eventually go with the LA it will be useful to speak to the other options.

topcat2014 Mon 13-Jun-16 07:26:36

Thanks for the suggestions both,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now