Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Secondary School Places

(5 Posts)
DeccaMitfordsEntryVisa Wed 02-Mar-16 10:51:50

DD2 heard re her school yesterday. First choice, which was lovely. We had added supplementary evidence that she was a previously LAC

So I guess that the school will know this - do I have to do anything else? From the stats on the school admissions allocations (LEA website) it says x sibling places, x staff place, 3 LAC places, so I am thinking the school is well versed in all this. (240 available places in year 7)

I am not sure what I am asking really - just looking for advice to check I am not missing anything ......

Thanks all.

UnderTheNameOfSanders Wed 02-Mar-16 11:16:01

You may need to provide proof of adoption to the secondary at some point so they can claim the PPP money (you don't need to worry until she has started though). Though I guess it may be passed on from Primary, or the application process (we had to send proof to the LA). They absolutely will know she is ex LAC though. Relevant info should also be passed on from primary if the transition process is good.

With Primary, we always used to do an A4 intro sheet for the new class teacher giving background and issues. With AD1 we did something similar when she started secondary, but just for her form tutor. Not sure what we will do with AD2 who is also currently y6, as she has been with us much longer and so her adoption is less of an obvious issue to her. Might depend on whether we already 'know' the tutor from teaching AD1.

DeccaMitfordsEntryVisa Wed 02-Mar-16 11:23:13

Thanks. We sent supplementary info re adoption with the application, and put the LEA in touch (email) with the original SW (with her permission) in case they had any additional questions.

Hopefully the transition process will be good!

Good luck with your AD2's transition. Thanks for the comments.

tethersend Thu 03-Mar-16 19:00:26

Don't assume that you won't need to do anything more- children must be recorded as formerly LAC on the school census in order to receive pupil premium, so best to make sure they know. Don't assume that the LEA will share the info.

More info here.

DeccaMitfordsEntryVisa Fri 04-Mar-16 18:44:22

Great, I'll drop the school a line with full info when dd starts in September.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now