How long

(7 Posts)
RhinosAreFatUnicorns Sat 24-May-14 09:30:23

4 months from approval to being told about DD and a further 2 months to matching panel. For me this was the worst part of the whole process - I struggle with being patient!!

Five months from approval to hearing about ds. Then about two weeks of considering the match and getting everyone together, another two and a half months to panel and then three weeks to move in, roughly. So total 8 months.

Barbadosgirl Fri 23-May-14 19:19:17

Thanks, guys x

Polkadotpatty Fri 23-May-14 18:35:14

It is the hardest type of waiting, I think! About four months for me (although I could probably have told you the precise number of days at certain points, when the restless anxiety was winning!)
I am in an area with a fairly steady flow of children to place. We were told it would be 3-6 months post-approval in most cases, and for my prep group that's been true.
thanks and rescue remedy to you!

Barbadosgirl Fri 23-May-14 18:34:21

I guess my head knows that but my heart is tired of waiting! You are right, though, it is so important.

Hels20 Fri 23-May-14 18:32:14

6 months and then a further 3.5 months before he moved in. It is painful waiting but you can't rush the matching stage as it is so critical.

Barbadosgirl Fri 23-May-14 18:15:55

Did people wait from approval to matching? I am finding this wait the toughest so far!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now