Hello, I'm new here but not new to adoption :)

(14 Posts)
Nonnimouse Tue 20-May-14 18:55:08

Hello everyone, I only recently discovered his forum and have been lurking for a few days, but I thought it was time I registered and jumped in smile
I'm Nonni (not my real name) and have 4 primary-school aged children, three of them are birth children and one, our youngest son, is adopted and has a learning disability. We are now hoping to adopt again and are looking for another child with a learning disability, and we are due to go to panel next month. Very nervous about Panel, as our homestudy has been full of swings and roundabouts, but hopefully it will go well (our sw seems to think so.)
Look forward to meeting everyone!

RhinosAreFatUnicorns Tue 20-May-14 20:02:21

Hi Nonni and welcome. Sounds like you have your hands full smile

Hi Nonni you should pretty amazing to me.

Kewcumber Tue 20-May-14 20:46:05

Hi Nonni, I'm Kewcumber (also not my real name) - I have one sone who's 8 now adopted around 1.

I think by the time you've got to panel the swings and roundabouts have generally been smoothed out - except in my case where I wasn't approved! Waited another two months but to be fair they had said they thought there would be an issue with my medical (long story) so my formal approval had to wait for a second medical so I didn't actually had to attend the second panel date it was really a formality.

Good luck with panel.

Devora Tue 20-May-14 21:12:53

Wow Nonni, that's Olympian parenting! Though my grandmother always says it gets easier after the first four...

I'm Devora, I have been on MN since I used to haunt the conception boards here about ten years ago. I now have two primary school aged daughters, the youngest is adopted.

Lilka Tue 20-May-14 21:33:55

Hi Nonni and welcome smile

My name here is Lilka, but 'in real life' I'm more commonly known as "mum, mum, mum, MUM, MUM, MUUUUUMMMM" (spoken to infinity and beyond). Or alternately "Oi!", "HEY! LOOK AT ME", and this evening, I'm "idiot" <sighs>. I think I might actually have a proper name, but I'm buggered if I can remember it now grin

I have 3 kids, all adopted. One primary school aged son, and two adult daughters - one 18 yo at home with me, and one much older daughter who has blessed with me with a son-in-law and two grandaughters with babysitting fun attached, and not blessed me so much with a massive pile of smelly grandbaby's nappies and vomit!

DD2 has a learning disability, which I honestly find one of the easier things about her to parent alongside. Sadly I think you will be inundated with profiles of children with no other potential matches, but I hope this means you can quickly find your child!

Best of luck at panel! SW's won't take you all that way unless they are confident that panel will pass you and I'm sure it will go well smile

Maryz Tue 20-May-14 23:43:41

Hi Nonni, welcome, join in.

We are a lovely bunch here, I'm sure you will fit right in.

OurMiracle1106 Wed 21-May-14 02:19:54

Hey nonni I am miracle and I am birth mum to my gorgeous littllemiracle

FamiliesShareGerms Sun 25-May-14 20:29:55

Hi Nonni - I'm FamiliesShareGerms and have one birth son (8) and one adopted DD (4). Welcome!!

TheSarcasticFringehead Sun 25-May-14 21:27:16

Hi. I'm TheSarcastic and I am on here because I am adopted and I am just looking at starting the process to adopting (have two birth children).

Maryz Sun 25-May-14 21:37:27

Oh, goodie.

Sarcastic, I might pm you tomorrow, would you mind? I want the viewpoint of someone who was adopted, but I just have to get my thoughts in gear to ask the right question.

allthingswillpass Sun 25-May-14 22:03:37

Wow. Welcome. You Re in good company here.
I'm a novice mummy 11 months in with our 2 yr old LO. Xxx

TheSarcasticFringehead Mon 26-May-14 12:55:07

Ask away, Maryz smile

Nonnimouse Mon 26-May-14 19:46:18

Thank you everyone...
I know I'm in good company, I can tell this forum is filled with lovely people!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now