Seven years ago today ...

(20 Posts)
Jennifersrabbit Mon 19-May-14 21:14:59

Hey ... Congratulations!

We are 6 years in and yes, it's lovely. And I know what you mean about talents. In no universe would I have given birth to a tiny, beautiful child who is an organisational genius grin

Congrats again to you and your lovely girls.

FamiliesShareGerms Mon 19-May-14 21:03:35

DD hates us making a fuss of milestones like introductions, court hearing etc. she just doesn't want to think about being with another family than us. Presumably this might change over time?

RhinosAreFatUnicorns Mon 19-May-14 18:07:57

I never know what day to celebrate - first day we met DD, moving in day, court day, celebration hearing day, so we tend to have cake on all those anniversaries grin.

I love the certificate idea too smile

Kewcumber Mon 19-May-14 12:02:38

The certificates idea is lovely <<makes a note to pinch idea>>

We have a "family birthday" though its very low key. I might make a bigger deal of it this year as DS has had a particularly hard year and needs some positive reinforcement.

MerryInthechelseahotel Mon 19-May-14 11:19:53

That's so lovely! We are coming up for 4years since moving in date too. Lovely month, may!

UnderTheNameOfSanders Mon 19-May-14 10:25:31

We celebrate Moving In Day and also Court Day.

On Court Day we have a family day out as it's always in the summer holidays.

On Moving In Day we give the girls certificates listing achievements for the year (e.g. Coming off stabilisers, Writing more neatly, Taking a train journey on their own) and have a meal out.

Deverethemuzzler Mon 19-May-14 09:53:36

Congratulations!
I had a quiet anniversary of the first time I met DS last week. 11 years since I very first saw him and found out what his name was.

Its seems May is quite the month for big days on the adoption boards smile

64x32x24 Mon 19-May-14 09:50:38

Congratulations!
Do you celebrate moving in day anniversaries in any way? Or is it just something you celebrate in your own minds?

Choccyjules Mon 19-May-14 09:16:12

Congratulations on your seven year anniversary! [biggrin]

CateBlanket Mon 19-May-14 01:49:40

Congratulations flowers

One of the lovely things about adopting is you can have no pre-conceived ideas about the interests and talents of your children

So true! Our (adopted) DD is very sporty, elegant and graceful - thanks to not having our genes grin

I love the fact that DS will not necessarily have the bad teeth from my ma and the dodgy heart from my da!

Kewcumber Sun 18-May-14 21:49:25

One of the lovely things about adopting is you can have no pre-conceived ideas about the interests and talents of your children.

I've said this often but other people just don't get it!

FamiliesShareGerms Sun 18-May-14 21:48:00

Wow! Congratulations

MerryInthechelseahotel Sun 18-May-14 21:18:05

Seven years!!
thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks

UnderTheNameOfSanders Sun 18-May-14 20:56:57

It does Kew.

One of the lovely things about adopting is you can have no pre-conceived ideas about the interests and talents of your children.

I come from a family strong in maths/science, DH is the same.
DD1 likes drama, history and languages - it's a whole new world!
(DD2 just likes animals and cuddles still smile ).

Kewcumber Sun 18-May-14 20:53:08

Sanders we celebrated 7 years earlier this year - doesn;t time fly when you're having fun?!

RhinosAreFatUnicorns Sun 18-May-14 20:43:52

Fabulous smile

Thank you Sanders what a kind thing to say. grin

Lilka Sun 18-May-14 17:19:37

Wonderful smile

Many many congratulations to you! So lovely to hear smile

UnderTheNameOfSanders Sun 18-May-14 16:50:00

... my girls moved in. grin grin

In some ways it seems forever, I can hardly remember a time BC.

But in other ways it has gone so fast, DD1 is already thinking about A level choices, and DD2 who was nothing more than a big baby is already older than DD1 was.

Hope Italian and MrsBW have as happy a 7 years as we have had.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now