Our new son is gorgeous!

(94 Posts)

That's all.

As you were!

devora I thought I would ease in gently with "I am new to adoption....! wink

lornemalvo Tue 20-May-14 21:19:19

Aw. Fantastic. Enjoy.

Devora Tue 20-May-14 21:06:26

Hey. Italian, you can stop averaging your posts with, "I am not yet an adoptive parent" now grin

MrsBW no hijack. It's great to hear.

MrsBW Mon 19-May-14 21:05:38

Sorry Italian, didn't mean to hijack your thread.... blush

Hope intros are going well for you.... We are on day 6 tomorrow, hoping to take them home soon.

namechangesforthehardstuff Sun 18-May-14 23:16:40

Ooooh gosh, I dunno. I keep meaning to Namechange to something apposite and pithy.

This is my newby-hanging-about-on-the-board-information-gathering-don't-want-to-out-myself name. As opposed to my several making-rude-comments-on-AIBU names. grin

I'm also really paranoid about security so I'll probably Namechange once matched...

Call me whatever you like smile.

nervouslurker Sun 18-May-14 22:11:21

This is a lovely thread! Congratulations!

Maryz Sun 18-May-14 21:36:40

My parents were smitten too, from the start.

So much so that my sil is still convinced (20 years later) that ds1 is favourited over her dd (they are about the same age).

My mum has to be reminded on a regular basis that they are adopted - we had a bizarre conversation about how ds must have inherited dh's teeth last week.

SmokyHeart Sun 18-May-14 21:20:11

Congratulations!

FamiliesShareGerms Sun 18-May-14 21:02:06

I remember my dad sitting back and saying over and over "I can't believe how well this little girl fits into the family" - he was pretty much smitten straight away smile

Kewcumber Sun 18-May-14 20:51:28

Hels - I do actually think grandparents seem to go through a different bonding process - its less responsible somehow and therefore I think they don;t over thinking things. My mum was pretty much devoted to DS from day 1 too. Despite having desperately tried to talk me out of it before she met him!!!!

UnderTheNameOfSanders Sun 18-May-14 20:45:02

Hope all going well.

Sorry name or NCFTHS or namechangesforthehardstuff what is the abbreviation for your name???

Names

ha ha

Are we all getting an MN message during intros like a telegram from the queen or is it just Italian because she basically keeps the Adoption board open? grin wink

What a great thing to say, can I put that on my CV!

TulipsfromAmsterdam Sun 18-May-14 19:25:36

Just to add my belated congratulations to both Italian and MrsBW x

namechangesforthehardstuff Sun 18-May-14 19:19:16

Are we all getting an MN message during intros like a telegram from the queen or is it just Italian because she basically keeps the Adoption board open? grin wink

A message from MNHQ! I now do feel very honoured. grin

RhinosAreFatUnicorns Sun 18-May-14 16:43:46

Hope you're having fun Italian and MrsBW. Lovely lovely thread smile

excitedmamma Sun 18-May-14 16:05:55

is he home Italian???

Very best wishes & well done...

smile smile smile

EllenMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 18-May-14 11:26:47

Lovely thread. Congratulations grin

excitedmtb Sun 18-May-14 11:11:31

Congratulations smile

sandgrown Sun 18-May-14 07:50:31

Congratulationssmile

dingdongdoodlebug Sun 18-May-14 07:49:05

Massive congratulations. How lovely smile smile smile

BitOutOfPractice Sun 18-May-14 07:44:52

Very many congratulations

Hels20 Sun 18-May-14 07:04:41

Congratulations Italian and MrsBW - such wonderful news. So happy for you both.

Italian - by the end of the introductions, I was in love with my boy - but it has grown, even though he has become erm...naughtier as the months have gone by. At the first meeting, I knew he was right. My Mum says she fell in love with DS immediately - not entirely sure that is true - but she also felt a strong connection.

So happy for you both.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now