Anyone going to watch?

MrsDeVere Thu 01-May-14 20:20:38

You just reminded me! smile

mintleaf Thu 01-May-14 20:40:33

Thanks for the reminder!

MoJangled Thu 01-May-14 20:56:53

I'm going to try to watch but may sign off in sobbing wreckdom

Lilka Thu 01-May-14 21:07:58

Ella and Leah are close in age to my GD's, they even look similar, so this is breaking my heart already sad

Lilka Thu 01-May-14 21:11:21

Oh I'm really glad to see a gay couple

TheScience Thu 01-May-14 21:12:44

Did they say how old the gay couple's older sons are?

chocolatespiders Thu 01-May-14 21:13:59

Do you think they will adopt the sibling pair?

MoJangled Thu 01-May-14 21:14:03

Don't separate those little boys! I'll take them!

candycoatedwaterdrops Thu 01-May-14 21:16:47

The decision to separate siblings (or not) must be so heart wrenching.

MoJangled Thu 01-May-14 21:18:40

How usual is it to have a match planned ahead of approval?

mrsballack Thu 01-May-14 21:22:43

Ours was pretty much sorted before approval. The only thing we were waiting for was the court hearing.

And oh look, it's the bloody butterfly albums again

MyFeetAreCold Thu 01-May-14 21:22:51

Caterpillar books!

Lilka Thu 01-May-14 21:23:40

They're making out that the likelihood of failing at matching panel is higher than it is, which is a bit silly IMHO.

Oh SW is talking about 'transferring' attachments, which is also something I used to think, but actually it's not that the attachments are transferred at all, the child is building new attachments from scratch and retaining their old attachments until time apart lessens that bond

Glenn and Chris's sons are quite young actually, and these two children have a lot of needs. 4 young children, 2 with developmental needs is a big challenge. But hey, challenges can turn out amazingly well. I'm sure they have adopted them, they wouldn't be showing the little childrens faces if not!

Now going a bit into the past affecting the childs present, which I am pretty pleased about

Devora Thu 01-May-14 21:23:50

Ive heard of it happening a few times Mo. Some even have approval and matching on the same day. When I did prep course we were told that they might already know which children they might match us with.

MyFeetAreCold Thu 01-May-14 21:24:15

Oh yeah, they're butterflies!

I assumed they were talking about matching panel rather than approval panel, but I'm only watching with half an eye.

MyFeetAreCold Thu 01-May-14 21:26:46

His facial muscles weren't developed! That's one of the saddest things I've ever heard.

MoJangled Thu 01-May-14 21:26:48

Seems to have sped through consideration of the impact of the SN siblings on their 2 existing kids. Can imagine the huge soul searching behind the scenes.

mrsballack Thu 01-May-14 21:27:54

Actually, tell a lie, the court order was
In place but we weren't allowed photos, names or the full CPR until we were approved. We'd seen the CPR with all identifying details removed and saw the photos about two hours after we left panel.

candycoatedwaterdrops Thu 01-May-14 21:27:55

Oh SW is talking about 'transferring' attachments, which is also something I used to think, but actually it's not that the attachments are transferred at all, the child is building new attachments from scratch and retaining their old attachments until time apart lessens that bond.

Uh huh. <nods> What you said is the crux of attachment.

Devora Thu 01-May-14 21:29:49

Those blokes seem like great parents.

Don't knock those albums!!

Sleeping with fleecy blanket!!!!! ha a yes did this ironically it did not smell of much!!!

Devora Thu 01-May-14 21:33:38

You done yours yet, Italian?

MyFeetAreCold Thu 01-May-14 21:33:46

I'm in bits here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now