Excellent Seminar on attachment -London 18th May

(14 Posts)
KristinaM Sun 27-Apr-14 22:46:37

I would strongly recommend this seminar to any adoptive parents, Dan Hughes is an excellent speaker and a world renowned expert on attachment therapy for adopted children.

The seminar is being run by OASIS, the overseas adoption support and information service , who are a parent run organisation. However , it will be just as relevant to those who have adopted domestically .

From the OAsis website :

" We have been fortunate to be able to book a date for Dr Dan Hughes Phd. to talk to our members again.

“Attachment Focused Treatment for Children and Families”

For those who have not been able to hear Dan before, this is an opportunity not to be missed!

The Date: Sunday 18th May 2014

The Venue: The Kia Oval Cricket Ground (Pakistan Room), Kennington, London SE11 5SS
Cost - £45 members , £60 non members

www.adoptionoverseas.org/events.aspx

flowerpowerlondon Mon 28-Apr-14 00:39:34

Thanks for the details Kristina I've just booked to go and am looking forward to it x

KristinaM Mon 28-Apr-14 08:44:10

I'm sure you won't regret it, he's a fascinating speaker. I'm very sad I can't go this time, but I've heard him before

Kewcumber Mon 28-Apr-14 12:48:06

I'm going to try to get there, though Sundays not ideal for me

KristinaM Mon 28-Apr-14 17:38:46

Stuff ideal, you really must go Kew.

I'm most annoyed that I can't

Devora Mon 28-Apr-14 18:07:53

I think I might go too!

namechangesforthehardstuff Wed 30-Apr-14 21:01:52

I'm going to try to come.

Might there be lunch meetup opportunities...

Devora Wed 30-Apr-14 22:28:26

Lunch? I expect us to sit in the back row like the 3 harpies, rolling eyes and muttering to each other as appropriate.

namechangesforthehardstuff Wed 30-Apr-14 22:38:50

Oh OK. I actually give good harpy...

Will it sell out? Might need to get my shit together if so...

Devora Wed 30-Apr-14 22:42:17

I've just seen the price and am quailing a bit. Kristina, is it really really worthwhile? Including for domestic adopters?

KristinaM Thu 01-May-14 13:49:37

Don't be pathetic Devora. I SO know that you can afford £60. You would spend that on a night out. There are plenty adopters on this thread who couldn't spare £60 but you are NOt one of them. Don't get me started.

Dan doesn't just work with international adopted kids. If you think there is any chance that DD might ever need some therapeutic work around attachemt issues, you will find it useful .

Devora Thu 01-May-14 19:04:31

Blimey, missus, you're so STRICT.

I rather like it.

KristinaM Thu 01-May-14 19:09:59

wink

namechangesforthehardstuff Sun 04-May-14 21:19:58

Soft play place for DD's birthday party can ONLY do 18th May. So I will be learning about children's behaviour the hard way unfortunately sad REALLY wanted to go to this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now