Doing it all again!

(6 Posts)
Moomoomie Fri 21-Feb-14 20:56:35

As many of you know, I have three beautiful daughters, two with a diagnosis of FASD. So I certainly have my hands full.
Recently I have been thinking I would love to adopt again.
My husband has said no way.grin
So, my question is. Who would do it all again?

OneOfOurLilkasIsMissing Fri 21-Feb-14 21:40:53

Oh I was all ready to go "Yay! That's amazing news" grin

I would adopt again smile

You can call me insane now, if you like, I won't mind. I'll agree with you grin

I can't do it right now, because of DD2's needs. And I have to be realistic about my own age so I've only got a few more years to make a decision. I've decided to reassess the situation when DD2 has left home (no spare room until then) and IF she is doing okay and stable for a number of months (probably at least a year) after that, then I potentially could do it again, depending on quite a lot of other different factors of course - the work, finances, my health, my kids views and so on and on!

A very big part of me wants to adopt again. But obviously my kids come first so it all depends on how they. If in a few years time I can't find a way it could work that would be fair to my kids and a new one, I'll have to grieve the dream of a 4th child and find a way to let it go, and enjoy what I've got (and I've got a lot, which I'm hugely grateful for!)

Moomoomie Fri 21-Feb-14 22:18:14

I will join the insane club with you. I know adopting a fourth is not the right thing for us, dd3 would never cope with having to share me with another sibling. Sadly BM died two years ago so there will be no surprise phone call, which is how we heard aboutt dd3.
I think a lot of my reasoning behind wanting a fourth, is, our LA have just brought in concurrent planning, which would have been ideal for us with dd3.
Maybe we will get a kitten instead grin

Kewcumber Fri 21-Feb-14 22:23:58

I have accepted that I won;t be going around again... we now have two cats!

2old2beamum Fri 21-Feb-14 22:36:23

Kewcumber be warned we have adopted 8 and it was always "the last" haha
Number 8 arrived when I was 64 and DH was 61, she was 3!
The door is now shut and we have lost the key!!
Moomoomie you too have been warned! grin

FamiliesShareGerms Sat 22-Feb-14 04:34:38

We're done unless I won the euro millions and can afford a huge house overflowing with children

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now