Effect of seeing violence on children's brains

(3 Posts)
Moomoomie Fri 21-Feb-14 21:11:30

That is so true, kitty.
My oldest dd is now 15 she last lived with her BM at 18 months old. She is remembering so many things that happened in that time the older she gets.
We had very little info on what actually took place whilst she was living with BM.

crazeekitty Fri 21-Feb-14 21:05:00

It's so sad isn't it? What I'm always conscious of is that the paperwork I have on dd is only scratching the surface.. noone really knows what went on behind closed doors so I'll never fully understand how her brain development has been affected.

TeenAndTween Fri 21-Feb-14 17:08:35

Did anyone else see the article in yesterday's Times, also similar but more dramatised Daily Mail online:
here

Main quote
Those who encountered �mild to moderate� family problems when they were younger than 11 had a smaller cerebellum - a part of the brain linked to skill learning, stress regulation and sensory motor control.

Another thing to add into the patchwork of why my DD1 is like she is - nature, lack of nurture, and now brain impact of early life..... sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now