fund for LAC

(4 Posts)
crazeekitty Fri 21-Feb-14 13:33:07

When dd came from fc they gave me a small amount of money that had been put aside for her during her time in care. I believe the amount is legally �5 a week or something.

Anyway, I know it sounds silly but does anyone know what we are meant to do with the money? Dd desperately needs some new uniform (growth spurt) which I'm having trouble finding the money for. Is that an acceptable use of the lac money?

I'm tying myself up in moral dilemmas about whether it is to be spent on her or kept for her.

Any opinions welcome.

Middlesexmummy Fri 21-Feb-14 14:10:39

Of course u can ... When our dd came she had some money too which we opened a bank acct with but you are using it for her so please go ahead ....

crazeekitty Fri 21-Feb-14 14:30:57

Oh good. Thank you. I will open a bank acc in her name after the ao goes through but in the meantime I'll use it to get her uniform. She's gone through two shoe sizes in about 3 months.

Thank you

FamiliesShareGerms Fri 21-Feb-14 21:59:05

We got a bank account with DD's spending money in too. Of course you can use it on things she needs like uniform!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now