Christmas

(9 Posts)

Congrats to all you having a first time family Christmas with your little one. Low key or high energy, whatever your day, hope it is great.

Devora Tue 24-Dec-13 23:27:57

What a lovely post!

Our dd2 has been with us over 3 years now, so quiet Christmasses are a thing of the past. She is so happy and excited because we have cousins staying, as well as her sister: a whole gang of little girls who run around together and are having a wonderful time.

I took them to church earlier and cried when all the children sang carols. I felt so blessed smile

MyFeetAreCold Tue 24-Dec-13 22:49:04

We did mince pie, milk and carrot. DD knew why she was doing mince pie, DS really not sure what he was doing with a carrot.

Mummy and daddy loved it all. fgrin

<wipes away small tear again>

excitedmamma Tue 24-Dec-13 22:40:24

I get this completely.... this is our first Christmas as a 'family'... I feel so emotional.. .so proud... so lucky... so excited... can't wait to see her face tomorrow...

we put a plate out before for Santa... (mince pie, carrot & sherry)... she ate his mince pie grin

In making it special for her, I've made it special for us.... its magical..

Happy Christmas everyone smile

MyFeetAreCold Tue 24-Dec-13 21:47:27

Our first one too. I am beyond excited at getting to be Santa finally. And I keep randomly getting a little something in my eye...

Merry Christmas to you all - and thanks for the support!

Lilka Tue 24-Dec-13 21:42:19

How absolutely wonderful fsmile Just wonderful

Merry Christmas!

allthingswillpass Tue 24-Dec-13 21:11:57

Have fun.
We are 6months in with our LO.
He doesn't get the Santa thing yet so 21/2 so low key all the way.
Enjoy playing Santa xx

Tishtash2teeth Tue 24-Dec-13 19:48:40

What a lovely post. It is our second Christmas also and like yourself last year was really quiet and low key. We just love our little man so so much. He's 4 so really gets the whole thing this year. We cannot wait to see him open his gifts.

Hope you have a lovely day!

Happiestinwellybobs Tue 24-Dec-13 19:30:37

This is our second Christmas with DD (2.7) but we are both a bit emotional this evening. She gets the whole 'Father Christmas' thing this year. We have been to church where she twirled as a angel and is now in bed.

We have just wrapped her 2 big presents which have been hidden in the garage, and both filled up with tears. It just seems so surreal - which is weird as she has been with us for so long.

There were times that I thought I would never play Santa, never have the excitement of Christmas morning, and as much as we had a lovely time last year, it was very quiet and low key.

Thankfully we agreed that Santa should have a glass of wine left out for him. I need it.

Sorry for the emotional ramble. I'm not sure my RL friends would understand so much.

Happy Christmas everyone fsmile. Wishing you all peace and happiness.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now