Pupil Premium Plus - January deadline

(9 Posts)
MyFeetAreCold Mon 16-Dec-13 17:39:40

Brief version: Schools need to claim the PPP so you need to make sure they're aware they have eligible children by mid-Jan.

Details here: enews-adoptionuk.org/rp//5016/process.clsp?EmailId=1000015510&Token=2AD754316586186F84AD94BAA828C1F6D

(Or at least I hope they are -- link looks weird!)

Lilka Mon 16-Dec-13 19:06:32

Thanks Feet smile

YouAreMyRain Tue 17-Dec-13 20:26:23

More info here

Adoptive parents have to inform the schools in order for them to receive the extra funding which can then be spent on our children.

Tigersarebetterlooking Wed 18-Dec-13 08:15:10

I really don't understand the restriction that the adoption must be after 2005. My dd is in year 8 and needs extra help specifically because of her early trauma. Why is she excluded from this just because she happens to have been adopted under the previous adoption act?

fossil971 Thu 19-Dec-13 22:13:22

Bump on this

Our school has quite a few adopted children and had no idea. I just forwarded the AdoptionUK email I received to the Head and she was astonished. Please do check that your school knows about it first thing in the New Year.

Tigers I agree, good point.

Shockers Thu 19-Dec-13 22:33:54

Oh. We had already let both our children's schools know about this, but it appears neither of them are eligible. Whilst this doesn't matter so much for DS, DD needs loads of support at school.

What seemed like something good, now feels like another way the system has let her down. We moved authority 3 years ago and all support from our adoption social worker vanished, not to be replaced by anyone from the new authority, because... she didn't fit the criteria sad.

Kewcumber Fri 20-Dec-13 11:17:54

Our adoption team has emailed all parents to make sure they discuss it with the school

Moomoomie Fri 20-Dec-13 16:58:54

Just another reason our SENCO is a chocolate teapot. I told her about this back in October when we had a meeting, she said she would let the bursar know. I phoned the bursar today as I wanted to find out if they needed to see adoption certificate..... The bursar knew nothing about it at all. Typical.

MyFeetAreCold Fri 27-Dec-13 23:13:02

Bump!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now