Step parent adoption

(3 Posts)
SPsWantsCliffInHerStocking Sun 15-Dec-13 17:47:36

Bio dad needs contacting or at least be proven he cant be found, I think. A family lawyer could advise you better and give you information.

My step dad adopted me when I was a similar age. It went through one Christmas Eve. Bio dad decided signing me over was better than paying CSA.

Hels20 Sun 15-Dec-13 17:44:26

I am almost certain that your DP will not be able to adopt your daughter without your former partner being contacted. I would call up your local authority adoption as I am sure they will know for sure.

If you are worried about what would happen to your daughter if you died and would want your daughter to remain with your DP and DS then you should make sure you have sorted this out in a will - and specifying your DP will be guardian. I think that Social Services would still contact your former partner but if she hasn't lived with your ex then I would think her interests would be to stay with her brother and your current partner. But any family lawyer would be able to confirm this pretty quickly.

Truelove2010 Sun 15-Dec-13 15:54:40

Hi I am just looking for some information my daughter is 9 has not seen her father since she was 3 months old I have been with my partner now for 5 years we have a son together.

My daughter see my partner as her dad we would like to look in to adoption the thing is my daughter bio dad is named on bc but it was before May 2006 so does not have pr what I am worrying about is will the courts still contact him as if they do it will open a can of worms which I can not handle he was abusive towards me he has threaten to set fire to my house and parents house when I got with my partner so I know if he found out about this he would come after me and my family is there any way around this

Sorry about the long rant when ever I mention him I feel panicky as I no what he is capable of doing thanks .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now