Our social worker is a star

(17 Posts)

Just had to say that. I know a lot of social workers can get a bad press. But some are doing an amazing job and I am very glad we have a great one!

As you were.......

cedar12 Tue 10-Dec-13 12:31:42

We had 2 great social workers. Both very efficient and down to earth. smile

RudolphLovesoftplay Tue 10-Dec-13 13:12:22

Our 2 were completely fab as well smile

MyFeetAreCold Tue 10-Dec-13 13:49:18

Yep, love mine and the DCs'.

Moomoomie Tue 10-Dec-13 17:26:50

Both of our assessing SW's were very good and also the children's.
Unfortunately the Post Adoption SW is a chocolate teapot, very unprofessional and to be honest very lazy.

mrsballack Tue 10-Dec-13 18:27:23

Everyone we've come across so far from this LA has been lovely and really on the ball. I'm sure this isn't the case for everyone and we are very grateful.

Ours was lovely too

AngelsWithSilverWings Tue 10-Dec-13 18:51:38

We had the same one both times and she was amazing. Never met a more professional person.

tea4two4three Tue 10-Dec-13 19:54:59

I'm thinking about asking ours to move in with us wink

Happiestinwellybobs Tue 10-Dec-13 19:59:36

Ours was brilliant. As for DDs? The words chocolate fire guard spring to mind grin

Lilka Tue 10-Dec-13 20:53:50

I've had a couple of fabulous social workers

I'll put in a special word for our (DD2 and my) first post adoption support worker, who was just so focussed on what DD needed and fighting for it, and listened to and believed me. Pretty clued up about trauma etc.

MoJangled Tue 10-Dec-13 21:24:40

This is so encouraging - I'm hoping and praying for the kind of SW we invite to birthday parties for years after placement...

Devora Tue 10-Dec-13 23:57:52

We had two lovely social workers - really, really great women. dd had the world's worst social worker, just for balance grin

I particularly liked our nice our sws were to dd1, IGH. They really cared about how it all worked for her.

Maryz Wed 11-Dec-13 00:08:02

We had two great ones too.

The agency we went through had one absolute dragon. They kept her for initial contacts and group meetings.

I think they had her on purpose, working on the principle that if you were determined enough to adopt to stick out the contact with her, you would be determined enough to go through the whole process.

I still wonder how many people she put off over the years grin

It is wonderful to see so many people saying positive things about their social workers. I know it can be hard, they seem to have a lot of power in one sense but I am just glad ours is lovely.

TrinnyandSatsuma Wed 11-Dec-13 14:13:52

Ours too, bloody awesome. I get the rage when social workers get bad press. They do a very very hard job.

Buster51 Wed 11-Dec-13 21:53:40

Ours was fantastic too :-) would consider her a friend now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now