No Matter What by Sally Donovan

(10 Posts)
MrsBW Sat 16-Nov-13 22:46:06

I can't recall who recommended this book.... Or on what thread, but I just wanted to say thank you...

Bought it, it arrived on Thursday and I finished it today (and I work full time and was in B'ham all day today grin).

I thoroughly recommend it, especially to all prospective adopters... It's the first book I've read that 'shows you what it looks like' and is full of insight and experience (and we have a lot of adoption books!)

MrsBW Sat 16-Nov-13 22:54:19

Wally! I've just found the thread.

Thanks Lilka

SunshineLover Sun 17-Nov-13 00:20:27

I've just read that too. It was brilliant to read a real story amid all the text book style books I'm reading at the moment!

oldnewmummy Sun 17-Nov-13 08:50:01

I've just finished it too, and I presume I also read a review on here. Fabulous book, and gets across much better than any "textbook" the issues some of our children face.

Lilka Sun 17-Nov-13 12:08:11

Glad you enjoyed it! I'm recommending it to everyone who asks about adoption books, whether they're asking about memoirs or not! smile

tsfp Sun 17-Nov-13 14:58:48

Hello! I'll have a look for this book it sounds great - do you have any recommendations for other books (textbook or otherwise?) my local waterstones had a dire selection! Thanks!

Pembers Mon 18-Nov-13 13:41:22

I've just started "what to expect when you're adopting" which seems really good

tsfp Mon 18-Nov-13 14:54:53

Thanks pembers - I ordered the Sally Donovan one this morning. I also found a book in waterstones called toddler adoption. It's by an American but written taking other countries into account and covers baby's 1year upwards. So going to see how that goes. Ill google what to expect too! Thanks!

SunshineLover Wed 20-Nov-13 15:55:39

I've also read 'what to expect when you're adopting' and really liked it. Very positive :-)

I've just bought No Matter What by Sally Donovan off Amazon - CANNOT wait for it to arrive! Read the first page on Amazon and it's harrowing yet incredible. Really makes me think as a perspective adopter. I still would do it and can't wait to read her full story!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now