Entitlement for 2 year olds

(9 Posts)
cedar12 Thu 19-Sep-13 20:13:16

Offered not offer, it been a long day!

cedar12 Thu 19-Sep-13 20:11:43

Yes that's right . I was told only certain pre schools in my area could offer the 2 year old funding. I was lucky the one i had chosen offer it.

Middlesexmummy Thu 19-Sep-13 15:03:33

Hi , I called the nursery and they said that it's not mandatory to offer the funding for 2 year olds as it is for when they turn 3. Is that true???

Middlesexmummy Wed 18-Sep-13 21:07:13

Thank you all for your replies , I've emailed my nursery to find out more and will call the health v tmrw

Magslee Wed 18-Sep-13 20:42:46

There is a pilot for 2 year olds in some areas - in my area you had to be on particular benefits or child to be a looked after child (but it didn't cover former looked after children once adopted) - I am not sure if the requirements are the same in all areas. My health visitor was able to refer for the funding so might be worth talking to your hv or local children's centre would probably know how it works.

cedar12 Wed 18-Sep-13 20:35:56

I might be wrong but i thought it was after xmas. My la are doing a piolet scheme and we have got the 3 year old funding a term early. My la have a 2 year old nursery funding worker who was very helpful. I just emailed the early years section.

Middlesexmummy Wed 18-Sep-13 19:24:58

Ahh problem , my dd turns 2 in march 14

Maiyakat Bosnia-Herzegovina Wed 18-Sep-13 19:22:54

As far as I know it's from September 2014 for 15 hours a week term time or 11 hours a week over the whole year. You can have it from the term after your child turns 2.

Middlesexmummy Wed 18-Sep-13 19:15:24

Hi , is it true that from next year 2 year olds who are adopted will be have a free entitlement to nursery . If so does anyone know how many hours? Thanks all xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now