After approval

(57 Posts)
Broodymomma Sat 14-Sep-13 11:32:14

So we were approved 5 days ago and we are starting to think about practical things like doing a bedroom up for our new lo. I am a little scared to tempt fate and just wondered when everyone else started doing things like the bedroom? We are approved for a 0-4 of either sex so we could only do the basics until we have more specifics.

It's only been 5 days but already feel in limbo and desperate to know what the next few months will bring. Do you literally just get a phone call one day from the sw to say they have a child for you to consider or should sw be in touch even to say no news? On average how long do people wait? During hs we were told they had lots of children waiting in our age group and it would not be long for us but I don't know if my version of not long is the same as the sw.

Have this dream of our lo being home for Xmas but as we have only just been approved I doubt that's going to happen.

broody just read this whole thread hoping you got some news. I had butterflies in my tummy! fantastic news! grin grin

Moomoomie Sun 29-Sep-13 20:56:00

It just shows that the SW's think he is a good match, they have done their job well.
We only saw the profiles of our girls, no others.
If he feels the right match and the SW thinks so too, there is no need to look at other profiles.

Happiestinwellybobs Tue 01-Oct-13 06:18:52

We went with the first profile. I felt like I 'should' look at other profiles, but didn't want to at all. The minute I read DD's details I knew she was meant to be with us.

We took a few days to let it sink in, but actually I didn't even need that. I was adamant from the start she was ours smile

Good luck smile

Broodymomma Tue 01-Oct-13 19:59:16

Well it's all going full steam ahead. His sw is coming to see us on Friday and if all goes well we are getting a matching panel date. He is the one!!

so so happy for you!

mrsballack Tue 01-Oct-13 22:55:50

Wow great news broody.

We are meeting with our potential children's social worker tomorrow. Our approval panel has been delayed due to some paperwork not being ready and we had a brief panic that 'our' children would be given to someone else but all the social workers are keen to get us to matching panel before Christmas.

Just want to be approved at least, I'm not sure I'll cope if it all goes wrong.

Happiestinwellybobs Wed 02-Oct-13 06:01:13

Fabulous news Broody smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now