grandparents of adopted children- support?

(6 Posts)
MrsBW Sat 14-Sep-13 15:41:58

May not, not manly

MrsBW Sat 14-Sep-13 15:41:45

I bought that book... One word of warning. In it, it apparently advocates Grandparents being involved in intros....

My parents got very upset when I told them they wouldn't be... And manly meet our DD/DS for sometime until after they came home.

aboyandagirl Fri 13-Sep-13 14:11:05

Ah flipping that sounds brilliant! I will ask our social worker about it and see if ours do one . Thank you!

flippingebay Sun 08-Sep-13 22:04:07

Our local authority runs a 'friends and family' type of course for grandparents, and well anyone who's involved with the family.. My patents are booked onto this in October.

It might help them and also for them to make friends with other people in similar situations

Hi all, my wonderful mom is so so excited about us adopting. She wants to know everything she possibly can.
Are there any support groups for potential adoptive grandparents? So she can discuss things with other people.
I'd thought of getting her set up on gransnet? Don't want her on here because of me posting on such threads as "if you could sleep with one other man ego would it be?" Etc etc

Tia

Inthe

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now