SW is never there!

(4 Posts)
shockers Fri 06-Sep-13 22:43:48

Thanks for your replies to my vent!

I will do that prettybird. We have been out of that area for a while now, but the dept is quite contactable. I just can't talk to anyone else about this particular matter as she has asked me to leave a message and she will call me back hmm

Lilka Fri 06-Sep-13 19:55:43

I've struggled to get hold of professionals in the past, and it really is frustrating and annoying. You'd think it would be easy to double check the email address!!

Hope you get hold of her soon

prettybird Fri 06-Sep-13 19:53:43

Do you have any other contact email addresses within the SW department? If you do, email them to relate what you've said here - that you've been trying to make contact since mid August and don't have a valid email address and you would like to be sure that this person or someone else gets back to you as soon as poosiblenext week as understandably 3-4 weeks later you are getting a bit apprehensive about this hanging over you.

shockers Fri 06-Sep-13 16:35:47

I had a letter from a SW who works for the authority we adopted from to tell me that BM had been in contact and could I phone her (SW, not BM). We have never met BM as it was not deemed appropriate and mailbox contact broke down after about 18 months (on her side, not ours).

I have been trying to contact the SW since mid August; first I was told that she would be in work from 24th Aug, then from 4th Sept... today I was told she'd be in on 11th Sept. The email address on the letter was wrong, so my email has bounced back too. The person I spoke to today said that the SW is not away because of sick leave or similar, apparently she was there yesterday, despite her letter saying that she worked specific days, which include Friday, not Thursday. I have left a message every time I've phoned.

I want to know why BM is back on the scene after 11 years of silence, but I can't get hold of this woman. Its so frustrating!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now