Has anyone succesfully appealed to IRM?

(3 Posts)
sassymay Tue 06-Aug-13 18:25:49

Our Social Worker has turned us down today -- rather a shock -- after a six-month assessment. I get the impression the decision was a borderline one. Just wondered if anyone in this position has appealed to the Independent Review Mechanism and succeeded. Am I right in thinking I would need to go to Panel first anyway? Any info very gratefully received.

hbr1989 Thu 10-Oct-13 08:33:53

Hi, only just seen this thread but I successfully appealed to the IRM to become a foster carer. I could only do this after going to panel and was in fact recommended by panel but not the agency decision maker who has the final say. I found the IRM process brilliant, they were very efficient and took no nonsense from the LA. The IRM carries a lot of clout and if you get recommended by them the agency are almost backed into a corner. Hope this helps.

Mum2lots Thu 10-Oct-13 12:44:37

Someone I know again successful xx i actually went to the IRM panel with them a great mix if backgrounds and professions on panel. Plus put person at ease friendly but professional

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now