Age and adoption

(26 Posts)
rabbitonthemoon Wed 20-Feb-13 16:54:29

I just read on the ivf discussion that if you are approaching 40 you are not able to adopt a baby or young child. I've been doing all sorts of reading about adoption and have been in touch with my LA and have not come across this - have I missed something? Is this true?

Hi Rabbit Yes, agree thta sitting in the fork, (not on the fork, ouch!) is a verygood placec to be for a while. Why not set an initial time limit to your sitting and say you will review it in XX weeks/months. To give yourself a breather.

Can you explain the 'stuckness', what it is, how it makes you feel?

If you do decide to try IUI I would (personally) just go for it and set yourself some sort of limit, try it once or twice or three times or whatever etc and then go from there. IUI is not very intrusive, feel free to PM me if you want to ask anything. It worked for us and I was 39 with a hubby whose swimmers were not up to olympic standard. BUT if you decide adoption is the route then go for that when you feel ready.

I will PM you but no worries if you don't want to PM back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now