Meet mums who have adopted

(5 Posts)
Rothy5 Mon 11-Feb-13 14:24:11

Hi

Just recently moved to the Orpington/PettsWood/Bromley area and looking to meeting mums who have adopted for coffee, chat and friendship. I have a 14month old son.

If anyone is interested, pls contact me via PM

[This message has been edited by MNHQ to remove an email address]

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Tue 12-Feb-13 10:30:02

Hi rothy, welcome to mumsnet and the adoption board.

Most of us have never met each other, but still manage to chat a fair bit. Have you joined Adoption UK? I think they have meetups, but I'm not sure as I'm not in the UK.

I'm not sure that you should leave your email address on an open board though - Mumsnet is an open board and we do get a few odd-bods sometimes.

Rothy5 Tue 12-Feb-13 11:19:52

Hi

thanks for your message and your advice. Will try and delete my email address.

R

Moomoomie Tue 12-Feb-13 11:35:33

Hi Rothy. It may be worth contacting the local social services adoption team.
Where I live we have a good post adoption support network which I helped to set up. There may be something close to we're you live.
Hang around on here too, some good advice. Just remember it is an open forum so anybody can read what you post.

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Tue 12-Feb-13 11:38:13

You can only ask mnhq to edit it - click the "report" button beside your own post and ask them to change your email address to "pm me" and people can private message you.

But there aren't a lot of adopters here, so if you have moved to a new area, try to find your local "mumsnet local" where there are suggestions for meetups and where to go to meet new people.

But do stay around here too - we chat and moan about various things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now