Nesting/slaving!

(8 Posts)
funnychic Sun 20-Jan-13 17:26:09

Can I offer some advice to anyone nearing matching, start your de-clutter now!! Being single I thought I didn't have much clutter, I'm not a hoarder, so I started just simply emptying the knife and fork drawer, you know the bits and bobs you throw in there cos you don't want to throw it out, well that was the start of it, I then felt obliged to do the big kitchen cupboard with other crap I never use! Onto the wardrobes and under the bed then under the stairs, net result a trip to the tip, 9 keys of differing sizes, (no idea what there for) 20 pens (no wonder I couldn't find one recently) 6 vases, 5 ceramic plant pots etc etc etc....

I am knackered and wish I had done it sooner and wish I had done 1 bit at a time, house now clean and all object's within grabbing distance have gone away.

Ready for my princess, intro's starting Thursday.

So excited for you.

KristinaM Sun 20-Jan-13 19:34:56

I will be standing by my ipadfor your updates .roll on Thursday

Lilka Sun 20-Jan-13 19:57:09

But you never know when a suddenly disocvered ceramic plant pot might come in useful... grin

Very exciting!!

Moomoomie Sun 20-Jan-13 20:22:56

So funny.
We had only been living in this house for a year when our girls came home so there was not much clutter.
It would be a different story today.
Will be thinking of you on Thursday.

Happiestinwellybobs Sun 20-Jan-13 20:33:07

So exciting smile. I remember starting with that drawer, then the next and the next.. Our SW laughed at me, saying that DD would not be inspecting my cupboards smile I think me clearing out the loft was a step too far though!!

Piffyonarock Mon 21-Jan-13 00:13:20

Good advice, wish we had done before our DS arrived. Our house is a flipping bombsite most days and I have no idea when we'll actually de-clutter, possibly when they have grown up and moved out at this rate!

Enjoy your introductions and wishing you a lovely happy life with your princess smile

gallivantsaregood Mon 21-Jan-13 14:15:42

Oh how very exciting. Will be looking out for updates :-D

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now