Adoption map launched & a little news from me

(13 Posts)
FamiliesShareGerms Sun 13-Jan-13 22:20:06

The map shows where there are children waiting to be adopted, so I think the theory is that prospective adopters can approach the areas of most need first eg there are only 17 or fewer children in the whole of Devon, but there are 48 or more in Bristol, for example.

Can anyone tell me what the significance of the map is, and is it linked to changes in who can find out about children who are in the adoption system, please? I have looked on line and can't find anything but a friend said there were changes in the system?

Thanks

Moomoomie Sun 13-Jan-13 16:11:45

What a busy year 2013 is going to be. I expect we will be hearing lots of good news.
Good luck to Wendy and funnychic.

WendyGx Sat 12-Jan-13 09:04:33

thanks Thanks everyone, your support is much appreciated! thanks

Good luck on Wednesday funnychic!

VerityPushpram Sat 12-Jan-13 09:02:11

Good luck from me too, and good luck funnychic

Happiestinwellybobs Fri 11-Jan-13 20:14:35

Good luck - very exciting! Hoping it all works out for you smile

Good luck, hope all goes well.

funnychic Fri 11-Jan-13 19:28:38

Good luck Wendy hope this potential match works out for you. I am at matching panel on Wednesday Yikes!

FamiliesShareGerms Fri 11-Jan-13 11:29:35

Oh, fingers crossed for you!

Link to map here Very interesting indeed

O Wendy, everything crossed here too. I understand your need to protect yourself from disappointment but I hope so much that this is the child for you.

Lilka Fri 11-Jan-13 09:22:57

My fingers are crossed as well x smile

Maryz Fri 11-Jan-13 08:56:38

Oh, how exciting.

Fingers crossed for you thanks

WendyGx Fri 11-Jan-13 08:46:05

Hello everyone, Its been on BBC this morning so you may have seen this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-20973999

Sorry I've been lurking and not posting. We have a little news. Have read the CPR on a wondeful little one. Its been a bumpy ride to get to this point. We're meeting his SW next week. Its such early days, but its feeling so right. We have questions, but all concerns are around the child's birth family. Afraid to get too excited, just don't want to jinx it or make it harder if it does not work out. Having said that I cried every day of our xmas holiday as we knew about him before we went and had to wait to hear.

Take care all
Wendy x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now